Thread: Concerts - booking tickets when sold out

Concerts - booking tickets when sold out

Typically I've just spotted a concert that I'd like to go too but the concert is a sell out.

The double problem is that I have reduced accessibility to seats that meet my access needs.

But, all is not lost. The concert takes place on Friday 20 June. I'm aware that the venue hold back god seats for the media - 5 from the front and in the middle stalls. My only hope will be to phone up the hall a few hours before the concert starts to ask for returns. Or better still availability of media seats not taken.

Do you have any tips on how to access tickets last minute.

PS Try to avoid ticket line, ticket express as they add premiums for using plastic and mailings

Some venues also hold back tickets for disabled people, and some have a policy on discounts (or free) tickets for carers. Phone the venue to ask!

Large venues invariably have some sort of special booking arrangements for those with particular access needs, but these seats tend to sell out quickly, too. (I have had some notable successes - I did manage to get tickets including a wheelchair space for the first night of Monty Python at the O2 in July - the one that sold out in seconds).

The trick is to call the venue a day or two before the 'on sale' date to clarify the arrangements that will apply.

For last minute tickets, you can only try. The seats held back for the media may be under the control of the event promoter, not the box office, in which case they might not be made available for public booking.

Well, the big day has arrived. All tickets are sold out for George Benson tonight at Manchester's Bridgewater Hall.

How will Lighttouch get in.

Even the website 'GETMEIN' has sold out for tonight.

Just made the call - very tight but ... YES I'M IN on the side circle with level access. It's for a wheelchair companion - wish I knew who the wheelchair user was as this space would be free - no worries I'm in!

There's a support act first then an interval then the main act.

Should be a good night - taking me back to the 80s.
    Last edited by Lighttouch; 21-06-14 at 09:29.

Well ,just back from Manchester City Centre which is buzzing!

Now I'm in a quiet room I thought I'd got a gas leak - I can hear hissing but in fact it's ringing in my ears due to the music.

Parked outside the rear Midland Hotel. Crossing tram lines on foot and gave a shock to a tram driver coming my way. I'm sure I'm suppose to stop for him not the other way around.

Got ticket and lift up to circle - wrong - it's the circle choir on the next floor. Luckily it's on the level and my ticket is two seats in, Good view but very steep slope down. Disabled people on both sides. One couple from Liverpool and staying overnight too. Other couple from Kingston-on-Thames originally who moved to Stockport.

Warm up band from USA who were winners of the first show of the Voice - can't fault him.

Then on comes George Benson - wow this guy knows how to get a party rocking' . One hit after another. His loyal fans loved it. Before you know it people are up and dancing in the eisles and singing along including me - now where did that come from.

It was a fun gathering and one of the best concerts I've been to in a while.

Met many people and people only to happy to offer a helping hand if needed. I feel safe in Manchester - great people!

Here's a favour of the show . .

Last edited by Lighttouch; 21-06-14 at 09:35.

Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Well, I'm back at the Bridgewater Hall and I'm taking mum for a change. My dad used to like listening to a composer called Burt Bacharach. It's what I call \coffee table music' as it can play in the background and you don't grit your teeth with the sound!!

I was able to get good 241 seats as he added an extra day to his tour at Manchester.

Just in case you've never heard of him here's the kind of thing he plays -

Just back a short while ago.

Seating was very good. Still noticed the six empty seats pn row'E' as usual. This guy has written so much - most of which I knew. All went without a hitch until I went to use my crutch and it shrunk in length - the clip and peg had fallen out under the chair.

I suddenly acquired half a dozen volunteers who were on their hands and knees trying to find the elusive clip. Luckily is was resting on a floor air vent and I was able to put my crutch back together again.

Mother enjoyed the show and didn't fall asleep - in fact she showed boundless energy.

Managed to get back to the car in one peace which was hit and miss affair.

So all is well and I'm ready for my pit now.

zzzz

Yeah, i may only have met you for 5 mins at MS Life, but the b/friend had you pegged as a party animal straight away. How right was he?!!!

Pegged as a party animal - I don't think taking your mum to a concert exactly qualifies me as party animal of the year. Lol

But I agree that I like to get out and about visiting places and seeing anything cultural. It's more a case of choosing things that I find interesting and stimulating that I can do independently. Given a choice I'd be in a cycling and rambling club but that ain't going to happen.

You're only here once - this is not a dress rehearsal so make the most of it while you've still got your health.