Thread: Copy of medical report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Copy of medical report

I've received a copy of my PIP medical report and there are a couple of references to FMO (referred to in list of evidence considered in arriving at a decision and list of medications).

Is it possible to have a little of the context either side of "FMO"?

I have checked the official list of abbreviations I got from DWP a while back, and can't find FMO on it. I can think of EMP (examining medical practitioner) or FME (further medical evidence) - do either of those fit the context?

Hi Flymo

Under the 'evidence considered in formulating advice' it says:

Questionnaire
    FMO

and under 'current medication and treatment' it says

see FMO for full list

It could be that the assessor has put FMO instead of FME, but I'm not sure. I submitted various health related documents with my application and they aren't listed in the evidence considered, but he may have lumped them all together under FMO (whatever that may be). Should all the evidence be listed?

It sounds as if that abbreviation is referring to the documents you submitted, but I can't explain what the abbreviation means. It doesn't appear anywhere in my assessment report (the 'Evidence considered in formulating advice' section lists the two consultant's letters I submitted explicitly).

I'd guess at full/further/factual medical O - but can only guess at what the O means. It might be Observations, which is the heading of a section in the assessment report. If nobody else can give you an answer, you'll have to ask DWP.

Hi Flymo

I think I will have to. It does concern me that the GP and consultant reports aren't listed. I can't believe how many inaccuracies there are in the report - it has more holes than a sieve!

One glaring inaccuracy is that the HP says I walked 20-30 metres from the car park to the consultation room. My husband has measured it with a tape measure and it is 14 metres! I walked 9 metres to the reception, where I sat for 15 minutes, then another 4 to the consulting room.

I'm submitting a mandatory reconsideration, but there a so many flaws in the report that I don't even know where to start - probably the worst error is where is says under mental state 'not examined - I have Asperger's, depression and anxiety!

Quote Originally Posted by princesstamina View Post
    Hi Flymo

I think I will have to. It does concern me that the GP and consultant reports aren't listed. I can't believe how many inaccuracies there are in the report - it has more holes than a sieve!

One glaring inaccuracy is that the HP says I walked 20-30 metres from the car park to the consultation room. My husband has measured it with a tape measure and it is 14 metres! I walked 9 metres to the reception, where I sat for 15 minutes, then another 4 to the consulting room.

I'm submitting a mandatory reconsideration, but there a so many flaws in the report that I don't even know where to start - probably the worst error is where is says under mental state 'not examined - I have Asperger's, depression and anxiety!
    Hi, I would suggest you write to ATOS making a formal complaint about the report. I did this and received an apology from them stating the report was "not fit for purpose". The easiest way would be to type up the report 'word for word' and insert your comments (in different font). Good luck, Susie

Hi Susie

I think that's a good idea. When you say that ATOS stated that the report was not fit for purpose, did they do anything other than apologise? Could I ask what the inaccuracies were in your report?

The important thing to remember is that you're awarded PIP by showing it is more likely than not you meet the criteria. You cannot be awarded PIP based on the errors in the assessment report.

It's best to think of the assessment report as the evidence stacked against your submission on the disputed points. When making your points in your reconsideration letter, you need to show that your explanation is more likely than the assessment report to be true. Of course, your argument has to indicate that you qualify for points you've not been awarded so far.

I've rung the DWP this morning and asked what FMO is - the person I spoke to didn't really know, but said it might be further medical observations, or that it should have been FME for further medical evidence, so nothing definitive.

Given that there was no list of further medical evidence submitted on the medical report, I asked how I would know what had been considered in the decision making and the person at DWP said 'everything you have sent us'. But how does anyone know, if all the HP has sent back to the DWP in his report is 'FMO'?

There were also some missing pages in the report - pages 4 and 22 were missing, but the person at the DWP didn't know what they should be as the form comes from ATOS. I can't automatically assume they were blank pages, as my report included some pages (eg functional history) that were blank.

I am going to try ATOS to see if I can get some answers from them.............

ATOS were at a loss about FMO, but told me to assume it is FME and that it's a typo, even though it occurs twice in the report.

Missing pages - both missing pages were continuation sheets, but still odd that some blank continuation pages were included in my report, but at least I know nothing vital has been missed.