Thread: Marshmallow caps for sore bladder

Question Marshmallow caps for sore bladder

Just wondering what people's views are on using herbal remedies for medical conditions.

every so often i have to have catheter replacement which then leaves me for endless days with bladder pain plus soreness so was scouting the internet the other day and saw marshmallow which can aid with a sore bladder, next week am taking a ride out to a herbal shop so i can get some capsules.

will give them a try but would like other views on herbal remedies.

by the way do have anti-spasmodic plus other meds but they only seem to do so much if very little.

mike

p.s sorry about spellings.

Hello mikey

Can i ask what type of cathater you use? I have a suprapubic cathater and I receive Botox injections to paralyse my bladder muscles and stop spasms, I've been receiving these for few years as I suffered severe and i mean severe bladder spasms they where that bad i couldn't leave my house, also instalagel might help around the site to numb this pain.

I like yourself tried several things to help take the pain away herbal...prescription....and over the counter medication none which worked but they may work with you so let us know how you get on and if you need more info on the Botox etc let me know.

Beth

Beth i also use an spc and the bladder spasms result in me been house bound for days on end till they subside, so bad that they glue me to the spot where i am.

just read up on the use of marshmallow so will have a go from next week, can only try and as you say may be of some benefit.

seen others also use botox so may be a route to follow.

mike

Mikey, my spasms where terrible I couldn't leave the house it felt like I needed the toilet every 5 seconds! Honestly you should speak to your urologist and enquire about Botox injections, they last for 8/12 months depending on individual and they will carry on doing it if it's a success, I can feel what your going through and I can promise you Botox is really the only decent cure for this, I've not had a spasm since getting my injections.

Do let me know about the mushroom cups and any more help you need just ask 😊

Beth x