Thread: Dee's esa stopped

Dee's esa stopped

NEWSFLASH

White Dee's ESA 'frozen'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...p-Majorca.html

It's all but impossible to comment on her situation sensibly, because the whole situation (her original appearance on Benefits Street and all her subsequent media appearances as well as news reports) can only be viewed through the editorial lens of the media outlet in question.

The Daily Mail has a particular agenda about benefits that fits with the views of the majority of its readers. I cannot call them objective!

What I can make are a few general points.

Most of us here are on some form of benefit or pension because of a disability or health condition. If we are receiving what we are entitled to and have fulfilled our obligations, which includes keeping the authorities appraised of any change our circumstances, all any of us want is to be left alone. We shouldn't have to justify ourselves to anyone other than the authorities.

Conversely, anyone who is not entitled to what they are receiving should expect action to be taken against them. This includes those who exaggerate their problems. I had to point out to someone in another thread earlier today that it was potentially fraudulent only to tell a PIP assessor about your worst days.

Depression is often misunderstood. I have been fortunate to have been spared this nasty illness, but many people I love have not been so fortunate. You can have someone who appears to be functional who is actually struggling terribly and is certainly not fit for work when you break through the facade they are putting on.

Unfortunately, depression is a relatively easy illness to fake for those who want state handouts with minimal conditions. Some will not see the point in signing on and actively seeking work when all they have to do is put on an act in front of their GP and an occasional assessment. There are far fewer fakers than genuine claimants with depression, and it is the genuine claimants who suffer because of the selfish fakers.

People often perceive the law as black and white and morality as right and wrong. Neither are true. It is possible for someone to function well on a holiday they've looked forward to when they are relaxing with friends, but be incapacitated by the slightest stress. However precise a points based assessment looks to be, experience shows it is often far from precise.

The daily mail seems to be benefit bashing a lot of late while some may be doing wrong i am sure theres a lot who aren't Dee i follow on twitter and she gets a load of abuse i am sure there is lots of people with depression who go on holiday while claiming benefits just my view don't shoot me :-)
    Anytime anybody is rude, it makes me double-check my own behaviour to make sure I don't do that to other people.

I have a "fluctuating" condition, (not depression) and I always feel able to do a bit more on holiday,probably as I dont need to tidy or cook or do any other day to day chores whilst away
    I usually pay for it when I get home though as traveling knocks me for six
    I think everyone is entitled to a break

Me living within the law of the benefit system “what's a holiday” ??