Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cruisinging

Cruisinging

Hi just thought I would post this as someone may be thinking of trying a cruise at some point.

Having recently returned from a Transatlantic with hubby, I asked daughter if she would like to join us next year as she will be 40 and hasn't had a holiday for a couple of years.

She agreed so I phoned Bolsover cruises and asked them to check availability of accessible balcony rooms for next summer.
    I gave July, august and september from southampton, 14 nights on the Explorer of the Seas.

Most were already taken!!

it's only May!!

I managed to secure a junior suite for July - the last available one left!!

Booking early ----- it's madness!!!
    Sea Queen

Nice to see someone else on here likes cruising, we do too and are also doing a TA next year, 26 nights. I'm counting down the days.

Where is it from - to DizzyDee ?
    Sea Queen

Well its a back to back, so the first week flying into Jamaica then Mexico, Cuba,overnight in Cuba Cayman Islands back to Jamaica. Then leave Jamaica quite a few more islands, some we've been to before, Azores 2 islands, Gibraltar, Alicante, Palma and fly home from Palma. We've been to Cuba before but the other end to Havana and always wanted to go back to the city before the Americans take over. It was this that decided the cruise for us and being able to see the night life in Havana

That sounds lovely who do you cruise with, have you a favourite cruise company
    Sea Queen

We've been with Princess, P&O, Costa (big mistake), and our favourite is Thomsons, this will be our second time on the Dream. It's an old ship but the staff, the entertainment are second to none. Plus we got an all inclusive thrown in on the cruise, so no large bar bill at the end. lol

Have never ( and never will ) used Costa. Have used the others the same as you and also Royal Caribbean where we are top tier members.
    I've heard Celebrity are good but yet to try them
    Sea Queen

We only went on the Costa cruise because it was really cheap, going to some ports we hadn't been to and it fell in right with my husbands hols. Never again though.
    We don't know if RCI would be to our liking, I can't do any of the things they have on board and my husband isn't interested in them, and their ships are soooooooooo big. We've looked at Celebrity too.

Royal Caribbean do have smaller ships and I must admit we did our first cruise on the Legend of the Seas and then took daughter with us on the Navigator of the Seas ( her first cruise ).
    It was a much larger ship than the L O T Seas and I remember saying it was too big for me and I wouldn't like to go any bigger.

However we then booked to take daughter on the Independence of the Seas which is HUGE. Thing was it could easily accommodate all the passengers, it's a lovely well run ship - and we were hooked lol
    I think we may have been on it 3 times now.

The last two years we have been on Serenade of the Seas a smaller ship and again we just love it.

I think the Explorer of the Seas is a larger one, not been on it yet so will have to see if we like it.

TBH we don't use much of the on board facilities on any ship, apart from pool and hot tub and sometimes table tennis. we enjoy walking the mile each day round the top deck though whilst Dolphin and Whale watching.

We go to the shows and quizzes in the evenings.

Apart from that we read a lot of the time on sea days

I suppose we just love sailing
    Sea Queen

You sound just like us, we sit and read a lot and do the quizzes afternoon and evening. I just like the way you get looked after.