Thread: child benefit ??

child benefit ??

Hi all I know this isn,t a disability question but thought I ask on the off chance someone might know
    got a form from HMRC and child benefit as my lad finishes school this year to ask if he's going on to further education he is going on to college to do A-levels which is approved for the benefit purpose

but it asks when he will be taking his final exams and we have no clue other than it's a 2 year course anyone filled one of these out ? can't face phoning them and panic about getting anything official wrong
    anyone know what month college courses end ?

thanks xx

I think the best bet is to ring them I know by previous experiences that they usually just stop the CB unless you have informed them your child is staying on at school or FE just explain it is a 2 year course which starts 2014 ends 2016 good luck :-)

Thanks can't face the phone today (joys of mental health ) hopefully will have the courage to phone later in the week thanks again x

removed
    Quote Originally Posted by acheron View Post
    Thanks can't face the phone today (joys of mental health ) hopefully will have the courage to phone later in the week thanks again x
    I would phone the college to ask when the term ends. I know for universities they usually start in September and end in the beginning of June.

As for college I assume it is a similar schedule but my first port of call would be the college. You might even find term dates online on their website.

Thanks toolook I'll have a look at the website see if I can find anything

it just panics me if I think I've done something wrong thanks again xx

Term dates will be on the college's web site and are usually stated for the next 2 or 3 years

hi Beau the website is pretty basic information no dates only that there 2 year courses so I've emailed the college so fingers crossed I'll get a reply xx

If he's going on to take A levels, the exams are usually in May and the beginning of June. Exact dates for the exams he's taking won't yet be available.

I endorse the advice of others to talk to the college. If you don't get a clear answer, I'd put "2 year course, expecting to take final exams in May/June 2016".