Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help needed please

Help needed please

I wonder if I may ask for your help please? I need a car that is not too low to get into to drive (hip pain/stiffness) but has a large/low to floor boot as I walk with a walker, which I can fold and put into the boot but am struggling at the moment with my Amica CDX auto. The boot is too small and I have to lift it too high to get it in. The car I need to buy would be automatic and is mostly for short journeys around town with the occasional longer drive to visit other friends further afield.

I don't have mobility help unfortunately and my budget would be £7,500. Many thanks for any suggestions.

removed
    Paul should be able to help you as he's the go to guy for cars on here. There may be other people who can help so I would recommend you be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by toolook View Post
    Paul should be able to help you as he's the go to guy for cars on here. There may be other people who can help so I would recommend you be patient.
    Toolook can i ask why you reccomend matron22 to be patient ?
    They are merely asking for suggestions and help in reccomendations regarding motoring, not that they are getting impatient. It was their first post!

Quote Originally Posted by matron22 View Post
    I wonder if I may ask for your help please? I need a car that is not too low to get into to drive (hip pain/stiffness) but has a large/low to floor boot as I walk with a walker, which I can fold and put into the boot but am struggling at the moment with my Amica CDX auto. The boot is too small and I have to lift it too high to get it in. The car I need to buy would be automatic and is mostly for short journeys around town with the occasional longer drive to visit other friends further afield.

I don't have mobility help unfortunately and my budget would be £7,500. Many thanks for any suggestions.
    Sorry matron22 but i have no knowledge on motoring i'm afraid, only driving people round the bend so to speak , but do sympathise in your quandry as being in a similar situation in the past being resolved by a friend. Hope you get the advice and car that suits your particular needs in the very near future

many thanks, I appreciate your reply.

yes, its difficult isn't it? Partly because I don't know much about cars and partly because I cant walk round and round garages. I can at least look online, thanks for your support.

Hi Matron,

I'm at work at the moment and so I'm replying on my mobile.
    I'll have a look at your requirements during my lunch break and get back to you.

Off the top of my head you could look at the:
    Ford CMax
    Honda Jazz
    Nissan Note
    Renault Scenic
    Seat Altea
    Vauxhall Meriva

A petrol car is most suitable for your needs - cheaper to buy and run too.

I'll be back around 1pm with details and prices.

Paul x

Hi

i came off motorbilty scheme and bought a nissan note, its fantastic i had a 3 year old one less than 10k on clock for |£7,000 from a main nissan dealer. i'd go there and have a chat, i couldnt be happier with mine

Thanks so much Paul, most kind

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Hi Matron,

I'm at work at the moment and so I'm replying on my mobile.
    I'll have a look at your requirements during my lunch break and get back to you.

Off the top of my head you could look at the:
    Ford CMax
    Honda Jazz
    Nissan Note
    Renault Scenic
    Seat Altea
    Vauxhall Meriva

A petrol car is most suitable for your needs - cheaper to buy and run too.

I'll be back around 1pm with details and prices.

Paul x

Thanks a lot Hemiman.

Quote Originally Posted by hemiman View Post
    Hi

i came off motorbilty scheme and bought a nissan note, its fantastic i had a 3 year old one less than 10k on clock for |£7,000 from a main nissan dealer. i'd go there and have a chat, i couldnt be happier with mine
    Thna