Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm a bit scared of what a ukip win means for us.

I'm a bit scared of what a ukip win means for us.

Looking at Ukips policies, they intend on abolishing jsa and incapacity benefit (now pip) and bringing in one small cash benefit.

Whst does this mean? We're facing a real possibility of a ukip government and their policies scare me! Sounds like we're going to be screwed big time if these come to power! Plus they want to abolish the human rights act which they say is tackle terrorism, that act protects the rest of the country as well and also those abroad from this country.

Correction IB is NOT now PIP. IB is ESA and DLA is being changed to PIP.

One way to tackle UKIP or any other political party whose policies you disagree with is not to vote for them.

To be honest I don't see any real prospect of them gaining power in a UK general election.

They tend to win when the voting turn out in lower, for example local and European elections. If more people voted in the country then the far right and far left parties would find it much more difficult to win seats.

UKIP is a one man party, can many of us name another UKIP politician other then Nigel Farage? As his policies come under more scrutiny more people will see through them. But, and here is a big but, if less and less people vote then prospects of people like him getting power will increase.

I always vote, and I also find time to research the candidates and review policies.
    No single thing can define me; not my work, not my politics, not my hobbies, not my vices and not my disability. I'm way more complex than that!

Quote Originally Posted by cookmysock View Post
    Looking at Ukips policies, they intend on abolishing jsa and incapacity benefit (now pip) and bringing in one small cash benefit.

Whst does this mean? We're facing a real possibility of a ukip government and their policies scare me! Sounds like we're going to be screwed big time if these come to power! Plus they want to abolish the human rights act which they say is tackle terrorism, that act protects the rest of the country as well and also those abroad from this country.
    I really do not think there is any need to panic as UKIP does Not, in my opinion, have much chance of one seat let alone forming a Government.

So I believe their Policies will never get off the ground.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

I also don't think that UKIP will gain a foothold as they are not doing themselves any favours - a bit too zany.
    BUT, it's pretty sure that at some point we need to look at the issue of immigration in a serious and level headed manner, regardless of which party is in power.
    I'm not a UKIP fan, but sadly I share fears of what this country might become if we don't adopt a new approach like maybe Australia.

The said people that come to our country will adventively bankrupt the welfare system, they will then leave and we will have to pick up the pieces.

Think we need to be a bit careful here. Personally I've no objection to folk coming here if they are going to work, pay taxes, spend their money here and generally contribute to our society. My wife has had several carers over the years from Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Portugal and Greece without exception they have all been caring, compassionate and respectful. They are not a drain on the Welfare state and, in fact, they are contributing towards it. Of course there will be some that come here just to take advantage but I think they are in the minority.

If there is a problem it is regarding the infrastructure in terms of the capacity of the country in terms of housing, education and health services and these factors are under the control of the government. There are no easy answers to this but if I was looking for a solution I certainly would not go to UKIP for it.
    Caring is an art not a science

One of my dads favourite saying about the polititians(sp) was "they all pee in the same pot " and another was "they're all good government when they aren't in power".As for UKIP I don't think they stand a cat in hells chance of being elected .I think that Ferage (sp)block is off his rocker and very 2 faced and the rest of UKIP are from parties that no longer want them but thats just my opinion.

could it be any worse than the torries and ian duncan smith. i think ukip will give labour and the torries a shock this week.