Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Case manager

Case manager

hi all does the case manager rely on the medical report to make his decision and also does the assessment report contain there points they would give you thanks

removed
    They take account of all the evidence in front of them.

Is this for PIP?

I received a copy of my assessment report which the health care assessor awarded me points enough for the standard care and lower mobility BUT the decision maker reduced the points to only 4 for care and 4 for mobility so in my opinion they do not always side with the assessor. My award letter said I was not entitled. I then asked for my copy of the assessment and was only sent it 5 weeks later so in the meantime I had to go ahead with asking for the mandatory reconsideration without viewing it. I was actually shocked at how much the case manager (or decision maker) had changed things.

did they change the dessicion for you

Quote Originally Posted by burkey007 View Post
    did they change the dessicion for you
    I am still waiting to hear from them. Its been over a month since I sent this to them for reconsideration. I had a call from a lady in the disputes team who said it would be 4 weeks from that date and that takes it to the 20th May so anytime soon hopefully. I know that my assessment was sent back to the assessment provider for re categorisation (whatever that means as it was sent back twice before during the original decision making) and that was received back by DWP on 13th May they said.

how long does it take from when case manager makes his decision to be on the system thanks

removed
    how long does it take from when case manager makes his decision to be on the system thanks
    Unless someone here works for the DWP, it is a question that cannot be answered. I would assume a few days for it to update on the stem but it is anyone's guess.

If you haven't done so already, I suggest reading the sticky PIP thread from the top, as it contains a fair amount of information about the process, the decision and the timing of my claim.

There is essentially nothing you can do to hurry the process along. The helpdesk can be persuaded to give out some information over the phone, but it's fairly hard to understand the reasons behind the decision without the decision letter, which is posted out fairly promptly once a decision is made.

I appreciate it's a personal thing, but is all the stress of phoning every few days worth it? The most you can get by calling is to learn of the outline facts of a decision 2-3 days earlier than you otherwise would.

The delays are unacceptable and I know it is stressful waiting for a decision - I've been there. I'm simply questioning whether it's more stressful to keep calling for essentially no news.

does the decision letter tell you in detail the points awarded say 20 for care ect thanks

does the decision letter tell you in detail the points awarded say 20 for care ect thanks
    The decision letter states a reason for the decision (just a small section in my case) and then it gives all the descriptors and it gives ticks for the ones that the case manager awards points for and a small sentence stating why. In my case it was a 4 for care and a 4 for mobility but like I have said earlier, I got turned down and had to ask for a mandatory reconsideration. I asked for the copy of the assessment report 3 times and never received it and it was only after my MP's involvement that I actually received a copy sent to me "5" weeks later which was AFTER the time limit for the asking of the reconsideration. I did however do this without seeing the assessment report and I am now awaiting the result.

When I did receive the report from the assessor she had actually "advised" that I should receive the care component and the mobility component but obviously the case manager has disagreed. She also suggested a 3 year award. In fact the case manager has actually contradicted herself too by saying one thing in the decision reasoning and then different in the actual descriptors. I just don't understand how it all works. They say the assessment providers are qualified enough to assess but when they do and its in the claimants favour (as in my case) the case manager changes it all to suit.
    Last edited by KAREN SV; 16-05-14 at 11:15.