Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Back to the future part 700 +++ ATOS & DWP telling lies again.

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    21

    Back to the future part 700 +++ ATOS & DWP telling lies again.

    On Tuesday May the 13th I received a letter from ATOS Medical Services.

    The letter was dated 4th September 2013 and said the following:
    "We need your questionnaire urgently".
    "On the 13th of August we sent you a questionnaire to fill in and return to us. We have not received it. It is important that you fill it in. Your benefit may be affected if you do not return it by 13 September 2013."
    "The questionnaire gives you the chance to tell us how you are affected by your illness or disability, including any mental health problems."

    Around August last year I did receive a ESA Questionnaire. My Dad filled it in describing how my disability effected me and sent it to ATOS then a couple of months later I received a letter telling me my ESA claim was successful.

    I personally feel that this is an attempt by ATOS to try and undermine my claim to ESA by fabricating the claim that I did not send in the questionnaire. It is basically there word against mine. However in this case we know ATOS will win.

    What evidence do I need to show the DWP & ATOS are telling lies and trying to stitch me up.

    In a personal perspective this is really annoying because everyone around me believes that I have kept this letter to get attention.

    I plan on gathering as much evidence as possible then getting my solicitor to sue ATOS & DWP for the hassle they've caused.

    I seriously want to do the DWP and ATOS some serious legal damage and humiliation because its not just me who is effected by this war against the disabled. Everyone is a victim. And I was watching a program on the TV today about a blind disabled guy with really bad stress. It made me almost rage like mad. Now I am a person who suffers from really bad psychological problems. I really should be locked up in a prison but I just have a huge hunger for inflicting pain against this scum that attacks people who can't defend themselves.

    Enough said anyway.
    Last edited by Sociopath; 13-05-14 at 21:33.

  2. #2
    removed
    Guest
    I don't know how to respond to this post but as another user said a little tact might be needed. If it was dated from last year then you should know that it must have been lost in the post and has found its way to you know several months later. If your ESA has been successful then I would double check with the DWP if another ESA50 has been issued (this is unlikely but checking with them is best)

    Secondly, you should have sent it recorded delivery to ensure that it any document sent are received by them or at the very least get a Proof of Posting, which is free from the Post Office.

    Thirdly, if you wish to sue ATOS/DWP based on them sending a letter sent several months ago and which was received to you today then I can tell you that no solicitor will touch I with a barge poll unless you have deep pockets. This case has no merits and the solicitor would be laughed out of court, he/she has to also think about their reputation when the pursue a case and a case like this is a loser from the beginning.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by toolook View Post
    I don't know how to respond to this post but as another user said a little tact might be needed. If it was dated from last year then you should know that it must have been lost in the post and has found its way to you know several months later. If your ESA has been successful then I would double check with the DWP if another ESA50 has been issued (this is unlikely but checking with them is best)

    Secondly, you should have sent it recorded delivery to ensure that it any document sent are received by them or at the very least get a Proof of Posting, which is free from the Post Office.

    Thirdly, if you wish to sue ATOS/DWP based on them sending a letter sent several months ago and which was received to you today then I can tell you that no solicitor will touch I with a barge poll unless you have deep pockets. This case has no merits and the solicitor would be laughed out of court, he/she has to also think about their reputation when the pursue a case and a case like this is a loser from the beginning.
    Don't think I will sue them. I just have rage issues at the moment. I think at best I will send them a letter outlining 10 pieces of evidence of how they already assessed my claim and how the DWP made the decision to give me ESA.

    I will send one copy to them, one copy to my MP and another copy to the local press. Cause as much trouble as I possibly can for ATOS and the current front bench Government.

    My Dad sent my ESA50 by special delivery however he doesn't have the certificates any more. Is there anyway to get this information of postage?

  4. #4
    removed
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sociopath View Post
    Don't think I will sue them. I just have rage issues at the moment. I think at best I will send them a letter outlining 10 pieces of evidence of how they already assessed my claim and how the DWP made the decision to give me ESA.

    I will send one copy to them, one copy to my MP and another copy to the local press. Cause as much trouble as I possibly can for ATOS and the current front bench Government.

    My Dad sent my ESA50 by special delivery however he doesn't have the certificates any more. Is there anyway to get this information of postage?
    If the letter was dated Sep 2013 it must have been lost in the post and the only company to blame are Royal Mail. I think your rage should be guided at them not the DWP/ATOS. I would phone DWP to double check that no ESA50 was recently sent.

    There is no need to waste time/money or effort in posting out evidence to ATOS/MP/DWP etc as a simple phone call to see if an ESA50 was recently issued can put the matter to rest.

    I remind you again that it has been nearly 9 months since that letter was sent, so it can be said for a certainty that it was lost in the post.

    If you have thrown away the Certificate of Posting there is no way to retrieve this information.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    801
    To me this is quite simple. Back in August before ATOS received your ESA form (from which they later made a decision awarding you ESA) they sent you a reminder which is common practice to ensure your form was returned on time. It got lost in the post so you didn't receive it at the correct time when the contents would have made chronological sense. Meantime ATOS processed your claim properly and sent you a letter saying you'd been awarded ESA. Now 9 months later this reminder turns up and obviously the contents of the standard reminder make little sense. Problem will lie with Royal Mail. I'd think neither ATOS nor the DWP know anything about this reminder not being received by you last year nor that is has finally turned up today.

    I can't see any conspiracy, or anything remotely like it . Am I missing something?

  6. #6
    removed
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouslyfedup View Post
    To me this is quite simple. Back in August before ATOS received your ESA form (from which they later made a decision awarding you ESA) they sent you a reminder which is common practice to ensure your form was returned on time. It got lost in the post so you didn't receive it at the correct time when the contents would have made chronological sense. Meantime ATOS processed your claim properly and sent you a letter saying you'd been awarded ESA. Now 9 months later this reminder turns up and obviously the contents of the standard reminder make little sense. Problem will lie with Royal Mail. I'd think neither ATOS nor the DWP know anything about this reminder not being received by you last year nor that is has finally turned up today.

    I can't see any conspiracy, or anything remotely like it . Am I missing something?
    You have summarised it in a nutshell. There are those who think everything is a conspiracy.

  7. #7
    Senior Member deebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    croydon
    Posts
    1,601
    As toolook says, seriouslyfedups answer explains everything in a way that makes perfect sense
    I hope sociopath reads his answer and has their mind put at rest by this
    Again, I think that it is part and parcell of sociopath,s condition that makes them think this way
    I know that if I were to have received this letter, at first I would have fast read it and pannicked, but on re-reading, noticing the date, I would have peiced together the facts and come to the same conclusion as seriouslyfedup, and then either ignored the letter, or maybe given the DWP a quick call to put my mind at rest
    However, some peoples thought procceses work differently

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    21
    I will consider all avenues of thought and go about this in a sensible way.

    I think it may be worth covering my back just in case ATOS try and pull a fast one but with all the evidence I can gather they have little chance of going back on their original decisions.

    It is possible this is lost mail. It could also be staff error. I just don't want to be in the situation where the DWP or ATOS are able to cheat me.

    However there are a huge amount of posters on this forum who help me see reason and logic where as my mind is pushing me towards a schizoid path of fantasy delusion. I will try and keep calm and take my anti psychotics as instructed by the doctors.

    Thanks for your care and support.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,512
    I find Occam's Razor helpful in these cases. In essence, it says that when there are multiple possible explanations, the most straightforward one is likely to be correct. In more florid language, "never attribute to conspiracy what can be adequately explained by cock up".

    As other posters have said, this sounds like an old letter that has emerged somehow. I would ring the DWP office dealing with your ESA, explain that you've received this letter and ask them to check that the system shows there is no assessment outstanding.


    DWP have the power in law to reassess anyone on ESA who has not undergone assessment in the past three months, but a new assessment cycle is not going to start with a letter chasing an ESA50 you haven't got that is dated last September.


    I hope you can soon get this sorted out, so that it's one less thing bothering you.

Similar Threads

  1. E.S.A. PART I.R. PART CONTRIBUTIONS? WHAT DO I PUT ON W.T.Credits form I am confused.
    By Heldon in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18-07-14, 08:24
  2. Atos requested gp report,got it back but...
    By Worried in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-08-13, 17:16
  3. anyone had job adviser telling them to appeall
    By shazagirl in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-11-12, 15:42
  4. What to do when the ATOS DR lies?
    By SecretHoboSpices in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 29-04-12, 17:02

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •