Thread: Cover for controller on powerchair

Lightbulb Cover for controller on powerchair

Good Morning! I have just received my new Pride Fusion Powerchair and wondered whether anyone made plastic covers - similar to those used on bar keypads - to protect it from the rain? I have been told not to use it in the rain, bu that's impossible in this climate!

Try a clear shower cap. That is what I use on my scooter. Much cheaper than something made especially for the job.

I know of someone who uses their power chair all of the time, rain or not, and has no problems.

I've used a power chair for eleven years in all weather. I'm likely about to be soaked (it's horrid in London this lunchtime) and have few concerns about the chair. The occupant is rather less happy about being soaked!

Wrapping the controller too tightly in something unbreathable is counterproductive - you may well be holding moisture in.

If the electronics get a soaking, dry them with a towel or similar. So long as the chair is mostly indoors, any residual moisture will soon evaporate.

If anything, the power electronics are more vulnerable to damage than the controller head - the two are separate on many modern chairs. If you have modular controls, the power module is often low down and therefore vulnerable to being splashed.

I dunno how large your vee-hic-le is flymo, but you can buy these poncho affairs which cover all of the front....chest arms etc. I got me one, however saying that I would avoid wet when ever possible...Wet bum not a good look!

Found a few on a google search one example here if that is what you mean?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-W...item35d27d4416
    Last edited by samiel; 17-05-14 at 00:16.

Quote Originally Posted by samiel View Post
    Found a few on a google search one example here if that is what you mean?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-W...item35d27d4416
    Beats the hand in a plastic bag look!

Super Moderator
    Hi Miep,

Please have a look at the link below from our website for a collection of scooter covers and supplier details.
    http://www.dlf-data.org.uk/report_it...5a44b75de&view

Kind regards,
    Marjan (DLF team)