Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Online support to find work

sarahm
    I'm delighted to announce that Remploy delivered 18,500 job outcomes for disabled and disadvantaged people last year, a 4% increase on the previous 12 months. This means that we have supported more than 80,000 people into work over the last five years.

What a shame Remploy made my mental health worse than it was when I was referred to them via the job centre!

sarahm

IRemploy online support

Quote Originally Posted by flowerangelx View Post
    What a shame Remploy made my mental health worse than it was when I was referred to them via the job centre!
    I'm sorry you feel that way. The branch experience is not what suits everyone - which is one of the reasons our new iRemploy online service has been set up. To support people in their own environment and at their own pace. Perhaps this is something that you would find useful? Please have a look at the website for yourself and see what you think. You can also have an online instant chat via livechat (similar to messenger) and ask further questions or for support in different areas. Ihope we can be of help to you.
    https://www.remploy.co.uk/en/individuals/

Thanks
    Sarahm

sarahm
    We have had over 1000 people register with the iRemploy site since the end of April. They are already making use of our services such as CV builder, Online Workshops and Mock Interviews plus using live chats with our experienced iAdvisors.

Why not check it out for yourself at :

sarahm
    At iRemploy, we have already helped a user of our website to secure employment following some interview practice and guidance with one of our online advisors prior to their attending an interview! Please come and see how we can help you too - at:

@sarahm - appreciate you are employed by Remploy and are promoting their worK. maybe the title of the thread shoulf have reflected that.
    Lots of folks on yourable have been found and are "unfit to work".
    Secondary, and very importantly, the attitude of EMPLOYERS needs to change. The biggest difficulty in finding employment, if your disabled is finding an employer who will take on the HUGE risk factor. Does he take the well qualified, person who can't stand, will drop files, gets fatigued easily and may collapse at any moment? Or the 16 yr old who he can pay less? LIFE and experience has shown me the latter.

Hi reddivine,
    I appreciate that sarahm is employed by Remploy and is trying to drum up support for their website.

In some cases this would be considered as spamming, for instance I moderate an AutoCAD forum and sarah's posts would not be considered relevant over there, not exactly spam but not relevant to the site.
    In such a case we would have a quiet word by email, appreciating the input but maybe asking for it to be toned down.

However I believe that it is relevant on this site and so a bit more leeway should be given.
    Its not like she is asking for money; a sure sign of a spammer. (Tongue in cheek).

Personally I think its a good sign that Remploy are reinventing themselves.
    I know that not everybody liked them and considered them too closely linked to the government (shades of the 1950's workhouse).
    But when the local remploy closed down it threw a lot of people who could do some work out of employment and back to sitting at home all day.

Strange when the gov. keeps trying to push people who cant work into unsuitable jobs.

I also mod on a site and this posting would not be allowed as it is spamming but the mods here have let it go.

sarahm
    Hi reddivine,
    I would like to firstly apologize if I have given the impression of being a spammer on this website. This is definitely NOT the way I wanted to come across at all. My reason for posting in this forum is to reach out to the wider community and advise disabled users that there is support out there for those who would like it. Having worked for Remploy for over 6 years and been involved in the launch of the iRemploy service this year in April, I am very proud of the work our company and my online iRemploy colleagues are doing – and really do not mean to offend anyone by my posts on this site.

Secondly, it is true that there are still unfortunately many employers who are not disability aware and do discriminate. However from the personal experience both myself and my colleagues have had with so many employers previously, I am confident of the amounts of employers that are POSITIVE about abilities and do recruit disabled people and those with health conditions and make the necessary reasonable adjustments to enable their employees to fulfil their potential and carry out their jobs. The challenge is to sift out those negative employers and find the right positive employer for you. That is what Remploy and iRemploy strive to do and I hope our service will appeal to some of the forums members.

I hope this explains a little more about my posts. Any questions – please let me know.

Thanks
    Sarah

Hello Sarah, out of interest how many disabled people does Remploy employ? And of those how many are at a senior officer level or higher.

I'm also curious to know how many disabled people are on your board of directors?

Just gives us a better feel as to whether your organisation is user led or an organisation that gives it's CEOs bumper bonuses at the expense of the user group it represents.