Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: esa medical

esa medical

hi im new to this and I need help please, I attended a esa assessment with atos this week and I have just received a text message from the department of works and pension saying they will be ringing me today about the assessment should I be worried

No it could be to simply clarify some information or to simply tell you if you've been awarded ESA. Would be better if they gave you a timeframe of roughly what time they'd call mind you, knowing my luck I'd be sitting in the loo when they called.

thankyou , well they called after about three hours to tell me they just wanted me to know the decision maker would be looking at my paper work Tuesday and he might ring if he need any more info ! so it takes a text message and a phone call to tell me they might be ringing Tuesday if they need to why they just didn't ring Tuesday ??????????

Well if nothing else it gives you advance warning to be around on Tuesday I'df possible. Also gives you a chance to look over your copy of the form you submitted and your assessment and get things clear in your mind to answer any questions you think they might want clarification on.

Some people were complaining about getting caught totally unprepared for a DWP phone call out of the blue asking questions and further explanations on things , and some people were also ignoring calls from withheld or unknown numbers thinking it was more sales calls from double glazing etc. And due to data protection laws I don't think they're allowed to leave a message to say they've called.

Imagine they're trying to address some of the problems encountered by being more informative. Still it seems to be a bit random as people still get unannounced calls from the DWP.

Hope all goes well with your decision. There seems to be more threads on PIP these days than ESA, so fingers crossed it means things are improving.

well got the phone call yesterday to say I hadn't scored any points, so no money at all, ive been told to sign for job seekers allowance what a joke just don't know what to do how do I eat or pay my rent ???????????

You can't do anything yet until you receive the decision notice/letter, you should then have an ESA payment or two to go after that, you need to decide whether or not you are going to request Mandatory Reconsideration and Appeal the Decision. If you decide to do that come back here to your thread for any advice you require.

Whether you Appeal or not JSA is your only option for any payment in the immediate future, though if you Appeal your payment can revert back to ESA (assessment rate) when/if the DWP pass the Appeal to the Tribunal Service. Don't forget you will also need to contact your Local Authority about your Housing and Council Tax Benefit circumstances as well.

All the best and keep us informed.
    Last edited by Jard; 07-05-14 at 10:12.

@Jard (for information) if jsa is claimed whilst MR is being done and then goes to appeal you have to ask dwp to go back on esa assessment rate it will not be done automatically.

Hello slipmaster,

Nice to see you still taking interest in the forums, yes I do know that perhaps I should have worded better, I'll have go at that now.

Cheers, how's that.

thankyou have to go job center Monday to see about jsa, also I have said I want a mra my doctor cannot believe it and is writing a letter for me also welfare right are ringing me tomorrow as I have no idea what to do x the bloke that rang said I would not get anymore esa payments I should have had one Tuesday coming but he led me to believe I wouldn't

If you have the help of a 'Welfare Rights' Adviser, follow everything they say, they are far better placed than any forum to advise you correctly.
    Please keep us informed of your progress, all the best with it.