Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Copy of PIP assessment

Copy of PIP assessment

Well finally today I have received a copy of my PIP assessment report. I cannot believe how far from my decision at DWP it was. It gives me a list of what the assessment nurse scored me doesn't it? Is it the assessment nurse or not because according to this something is wrong or was wrong.

It appears that Capita assessment nurse awarded me points for both care and mobility and enough to get payment maybe but DWP said I was not entitled last month. I really don't understand this? It also says that she recommends 3 years until the next review. I realise that the final decision is with the DWP but can someone explain please.

This is not my mandatory reconsideration decision though so don't know where I stand up to yet.

removed
    Do you mean you got more than 8 points in each section in your assessment? If so, it is very strange, the DWP usually just rubber stamp the assessors decision.

Even if you go to appeal, it is a good thing that the assessor's report is to your advantage.

For whatever reason, the DWP decision maker disagreed with the assessor. This is unusual, but can happen - which probably explains the lengthy dialogue between DWP and Capita before you got your decision.

You might be able to unscramble things somewhat by comparing the assessment report to the decision, especially the reasons given by the decision maker on the decision letter. If that doesn't explain things, you'll have to request a full copy of your PIP files, which is probably best done via the Personal information charter (subject access request) route.

My assessment report is very detailed and very accurate. I have ticks in boxes and going by the benefits and work site and how these ticks are given points, I have 8 points for care and 10 for mobility. It was sent to me special delivery and also it says that a reassessment is scheduled for 3 years time. Perhaps all this was changed since sending in the MR request? I don't know.

In the DWP decision it gave me different points reducing my award to NIL. I really don't understand it all to be honest. I know its the DWP that finally give the decision but I did not realise they change things so much. Perhaps the report was not detailed enough before?

I will request everything flymo but only after my mandatory reconsideration is handled and given and perhaps that will change things maybe?
    Last edited by KAREN SV; 01-05-14 at 11:46.

Just rang them to ask if the MR has been made as yet and been told it has not. I wondered if this report was anything to go by and was told the final decision is with the DWP.

Does this mean that the assessments carried out are not really true and to the point and what is the point of doing them if this is the case?

I feel so down again now after getting my hopes up. I wondered if the assessment report was changed in my favour but I was told that this is the original assessment report that the negative decision was made on.

Why employ assessors if they are taken no notice of?

removed
    When you put in a Mandatory Reconsideration, it goes to a senior Decision Maker. I would hope that after the DM see's the assessors report that the decision is changed.

Quote Originally Posted by toolook View Post
    When you put in a Mandatory Reconsideration, it goes to a senior Decision Maker. I would hope that after the DM see's the assessors report that the decision is changed.
    Lets hope so toolook. Is it usual for this to happen?

I got points for reading, needing social support and budgeting decisions and planning and following unfamiliar journey. I only found out the points things when I googled the unfamiliar journey where the DWP had written it in their decision making reasoning but changed it on their points. I have noted this on my MR letter though and also reiterated in more detail the other problems I have. Seems so strange that DWP are the ones that are changing this. It seems that ATOS/(most probably CAPITA in the near future) are the ones who are always blamed for decisions when looking at my report here its not the assessors who are at fault IF they are competent at their job and going by how much mine was changed, it seems DWP think they are not and again, I am their example.

removed
    Quote Originally Posted by KAREN SV View Post
    Lets hope so toolook. Is it usual for this to happen?
    This is usual for it to be done. It happens in every case. I as told this by a DWP manager in the ESA section however I presume this happens in DLA/PIP departments as well.

If you have to go to appeal, I think you have a good chance of winning. Especially, when you have people in ESA being awarded 0 points and getting awarded it. You are in the opposite situation, where ATOS have awarded you points but DWP have ignored them.

Yes, that is what I find strange. Ages ago flymo said to me whilst waiting for my decision and also when the report was backwards and forwards between capita and DWP that it was perhaps that the DWP THINK I deserved more points. Now it seems that its the opposite.

Why have assessors?