Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arghh. This is like slow torture!

Arghh. This is like slow torture!

So..woke up, complete with a sinus infection meaning my whole face hurts.

Went downstairs, found a brown evelope. Had a panic attack. Finally opened it...and...

"We've now got the information and reports we need about your condition and how it affects you for your claim to Personal Independence Payment.

We're sorry it's taken longer than expected to give you a decision on your claim, but we'll contact you as soon as we've made a decision."

Cue crying, panic, frustration and a bad mood for the rest of the week, combined with a lovely dose of PMS/PMT. >.<

That means that DWP now have your assessment report. If they have no follow-up questions for the assessment provider, you'll likely hear in 2-3 weeks. It may be a bit quicker, but it's also possible it will be rather slower.

I'm sorry to hear you feel so revolting. I don't know PMS first hand, but I know what it can do to some people I love. Sinus infections are awful - I had sinusitis a few years ago and it was very painful and rather stubborn.

Is this a good opportunity for some TLC, like a warm bath?

Flowerangel. You are nearing your time and perhaps you will have your decision before mine is made on my mandatory reconsideration perhaps.

I have today had a brown envelope too. It was my assessment report eventually requested in March. You can perhaps request a copy of yours now if things are all in order.

Not wishing to add to your frustration but my friend had the same letter in early March, 8 weeks and 3 phone calls to the DWP later he still hasn't had a decision off them.

I have been told on 4 seperate occasions, that it will be around 2 weeks.

Phoned up after 3 weeks...Nothing. Zilch. Nope. Nada. Phoned again..Nope. If this was a relationship, somebody would have called the police to report abuse!

Flymo..I struggle to get in and out of baths, even to have a shower. On the plus side, the caravan I'll be staying in on holiday has a walk in shower - last time I showered twice a day, JUST because I could.

For now, it's painkillers, hot water bottle for period pains, and cooling gel for my face, which is soothing the effects of Sinusitis.

Had a call from dwp today telling me that they should have reached a decision by the 9th May, so can I ring them on the 12th...

Is that normal? :/

That sounds promising flowerangel. I got turned down on mine as you know and each time I rang I was told to wait for my letter so yours does seem different to mine but don't want to get your hopes up. I don't know if you saw my post but I have only yesterday received my copy of the assessment report and it seems that its a very rare case because the assessor (and all my medical evidence was given) has said I should be awarded low care and low mobility but the DWP decision maker has twisted it and turned me down. I have read about the "rubber stamping" that someone posted about and it seems they are definitely not doing that where I live. In fact they are completely dismissing my report it seems for some reason.

I would advise you to ask for the copy of the report as flymo advised me to do. It took mine 5 weeks to arrive just in case you do need a mandatory reconsideration although I doubt you will or at least hope you will not.

Good luck flowerangel.

I have already asked them to send a copy of the report ready for when the decision has been made. The person mum spoke to was very helpful.

Thank you

I'm not getting my hopes up..I just want to enjoy my holiday next week, then hopefully find out on the 12th May. Whether or not I end up asking for a MR is another matter. I've gone through all my paper work, all the descriptors and highlighted anything relevant ready for a MR and/or Appeal.

Based on my reports, I *should* be getting Enhanced Mobility due to needing somebody with me for familiar journeys and the walking between 20-50 metres with an aid. It's borderline on the standard or enhanced for daily living, though. My sister calculated 16 points for Daily living, but she said some of these could be scored lower.

Planning and following journeys - should, in theory, be 10 or 12 points as I can not leave the house alone as my mental health causes me to be volatile if anxious/stressed, which is the majority of the time. then moving around should be 10 points, aswell.

I'm not counting on it, though...*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by flowerangelx View Post
    I have already asked them to send a copy of the report ready for when the decision has been made. The person mum spoke to was very helpful.

Thank you

I'm not getting my hopes up..I just want to enjoy my holiday next week, then hopefully find out on the 12th May. Whether or not I end up asking for a MR is another matter. I've gone through all my paper work, all the descriptors and highlighted anything relevant ready for a MR and/or Appeal.

Based on my reports, I *should* be getting Enhanced Mobility due to needing somebody with me for familiar journeys and the walking between 20-50 metres with an aid. It's borderline on the standard or enhanced for daily living, though. My sister calculated 16 points for Daily living, but she said some of these could be scored lower.

Planning and following journeys - should, in theory, be 10 or 12 points as I can not leave the house alone as my mental health causes me to be volatile if anxious/stressed, which is the majority of the time. then moving around should be 10 points, aswell.

I'm not counting on it, though...*sigh*
    I got 8 points for care and 10 points for mobility but reduced to 4 points on each by the decision maker.

You sound savvy with this system flowerangel. I just went about it my way and look where it got me. Glad you are geared up ready although lets hope you do not need to do what I have had to do.

In actual fact, you will probably be first to post your decision and lets hope its good news. x

I am only savvy because of my sister, who, has worked in mental health as a support worker. She knows her stuff.

I will be ready to fight it the DM takes points off. My sister has said she will help with an appeal if need be. She has never failed when helping somebody get a decision over-turned.

I will definitely post my results on here and thank you for your supportive words x