Thread: Has everyone claiming PIP had a face to face.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Has everyone claiming PIP had a face to face.

Just wondered has anyone been awarded purely on claim form ?

removed
    From what has been reported only terminally ill cases are awarded via claim only. The whole reason behind PIP, is so that regular assessments i.e. face to face are conducted.

The claims likely to be done through claim only are ones where the illness effects are widely known (to the DWP's satisfaction), the evidence attached to the claim form is enough to justify an award.

However, that said you should brace yourself for a face to face.

I was awarded pip without a face to face just last week went with form and social workers report

Terminal illness cases are done on paper only, though they do involve a special medical report confirming the prognosis from the claimant's doctors.

For the remaining cases, around 95% had face to face assessments in the initial period covered by the National Audit Office report (I can't remember the exact figure), but my understanding is that there is now a more concerted effort to identify cases where there is sufficient evidence to make a decision without a face to face assessment. Cases where there is some sort of structured assessment of functional problems, such as an occupational therapy assessment or social services care plan, are most likely to proceed on paper only.

Most people who have had a face to face assessment seem quite happy with it (unlike the situation with ESA), but the delays are clearly a huge problem.