Thread: on benifits husband working 14 hours how will i be affected

on benifits husband working 14 hours how will i be affected

Hi im new on her, i am currently not working, my son grts dla so i get carers allowance, income support, housing benefit, child tax credit. My husband is working 14 hours self employed earning £51 pw, how will this affect my money.

Hi sure someone will come on here who can help housing benefit may be affected if you go over the applicable amount but not sure on the rest your sons dla shouldn't be counted no dla ever is, in the meantime you could contact the CAB after the easter break and they probably can help you, also do google search for the benefit calculator for your area.

Quote Originally Posted by donald80 View Post
    Hi im new on her, i am currently not working, my son grts dla so i get carers allowance, income support, housing benefit, child tax credit. My husband is working 14 hours self employed earning £51 pw, how will this affect my money.
    Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to answer this question in a forum context, as there's a very complex interplay between means tested benefits such as Income Support, Housing Benefit and Tax Credits.

The key thing is to declare your husband's self-employed status and income to the offices dealing with your Income Support, Housing Benefit and Tax Credits. As you are married, you are means tested as a couple, so your husband's income will affect your benefits.

As freedomeagle suggests, you are strongly advised to contact a local advice provider such as Citizen's Advice after Easter. They will be able to go through your circumstances and check you are claiming everything you are entitled to.