Thread: Not sure if you have seen this work-interviews-scrapped

Not sure if you have seen this work-interviews-scrapped

Hi not been around much lately but was sent this link to me by a friend just thought I would share it.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...-after-3384060
    Sea Queen

I think this is some journalist who has got the wrong end of the stick.

In the Government's response to the year 4 independent review of the Work Capability Assessment, the Government agreed to carry out an impact assessment on Dr Litchfield's suggested triage mechanism for ESA50 forms, which would result in fewer face to face interviews (see Chapter 6 and especially the response to Recommendation 26). However, this is only an exploration of a future possibility, and is a long way from the scrapping of face to face assessments (which are not "back to work interviews") suggested by this journalist.

Dr Litchfield's suggestions are welcome, but they do not amount to dismantling the Work Capability Assessment.