Thread: Council Says I am in WRAG but DWP says I am in SUpport Group (ESA)

Council Says I am in WRAG but DWP says I am in SUpport Group (ESA)

Hello,

I have been in the ESA support group for the last 2 years, following a successful tribunal decision. The award runs for another year before any reconsideration is carried out. I have not declared any change in circumstances.

On 30 March 2014, I got a letter from West Lothian Council about housing benefit. The letter said my HB had been recalculated due to a change in my income. It goes on to say that I am in the ESA WRAG group.

I have not received any correspondence from the DWP that I have been moved from ESA support group to ESA WRAG. Further, on 3 April 2014 I received my ESA support group money as usual.

Does anybody have any idea what is going on?

Do you have any record of the tribunal decision? That might suffice.
    The council records probably show the wrag decision that you got overturned, but obviously not updated by letter from the DWP the same as you. Myself I would ring DWP and ask for support group status in writing, then give a copy to the council.

Yes agree with stree here, have a look for your Tribunal Decision Notice and send the LA a copy that should sort it.