Thread: www.appcessible.org - Apps for Individuals with Additional Needs

Appcessible

Smile www.appcessible.org - Apps for Individuals with Additional Needs

Hello everyone,

I found this forum through Google. It looks a great online resource. I think this is the correct place to post this type of thread.

I am hoping to get some feedback on a website which list apps for individuals with additional needs -

www.appcessible.org

It's a non-profit organisation which focuses on getting people the apps they need to support them with their day-to-day lives.

We're smostly looking for:
    • Range of apps
    • Accessibility of website
    • usefulness
    • what would make it better?

But, would appreciate general feedback or comments. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Best wishes,
    Appcessible

I have a windows phone unfortunately so don't think i'll be able to use any of your apps but the med reminder one is a great idea. My Flatmate could really do with that as at the moment he rely's on taking his tablets when i take mine and its not always the best of times for him.

Appcessible
    Hi Galeforce81,

Thank you for taking a look at Appcessible. We appreciate all the feedback we get . We are creating a list of Windows apps to add to the website. As well as BlackBerry apps.

Are there any Windows apps you use and would recommend?

Looks like you're not the only person looking at using apps for disability information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26Xnr...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by Appcessible View Post
    Hi Galeforce81,

Thank you for taking a look at Appcessible. We appreciate all the feedback we get . We are creating a list of Windows apps to add to the website. As well as BlackBerry apps.

Are there any Windows apps you use and would recommend?
    I've only had my windows phone for a couple of months and because it wasn't very expensive, it doesn't have that much storage. At the moment i have pretty much filled it up with free games (so i always have something to do), so i haven't really been bothering with many apps. I just tend to use basic ones like Notebook, Facebook, Xbox Smartglass, Email.

Its also a shame that when i look at the posts on this website, on my phone, it doesn't allow me to use my phone to answer them. I have to transfer to my Laptop, which is a shame as i've not heard of anyone else having any problems.

It's interesting as My first Smartphone was an Apple Iphone 3G running on the 3 G network or via wi-fi from my router. Apps were OK but slow and just evolving.

Even now I've been using an IPhone 5 on a 4G network or.via wifi using my home router which is really quick as I'm on fast broadband - up to 60 Mbs.

But the big problem isn't speed it's storage. My phone only has 8 um whatever so limits the number of apps I can use (I had to cull from 100 down to 50.

Gale force - I'm using my mobile now to access this thread via the internet. Youreable has upgraded the site and now they use a responsive template so the website changes size according to what device you view it on.

I try to avoid games as they can be addictive in my experience.

I don't think I have any specific needs that I would need an app for but medication reminder is something that might be useful. I currently just use the reminder app on my iphone which does ok although I'd like something that needed input to confirm meds have been taken rather than just a tone then it sits there on my screen until I dismiss it. Fine if I'm looking at my phone but not always noticed if phone is in my bag and I'm not checking it.

I have iphone 4s and there's always room for another app!

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    It's interesting as My first Smartphone was an Apple Iphone 3G running on the 3 G network or via wi-fi from my router. Apps were OK but slow and just evolving.

Even now I've been using an IPhone 5 on a 4G network or.via wifi using my home router which is really quick as I'm on fast broadband - up to 60 Mbs.

But the big problem isn't speed it's storage. My phone only has 8 um whatever so limits the number of apps I can use (I had to cull from 100 down to 50.

Gale force - I'm using my mobile now to access this thread via the internet. Youreable has upgraded the site and now they use a responsive template so the website changes size according to what device you view it on.

I can view the site no problem, its just when i try to reply to a post, i touch the screen and the cursor appears and just as quickly disappears, so i don't know what to do do.

Appcessible
    Thank you for responding

Appcessible
    Afternoon Lighttouch,

Thank you for reading and responding to our post. Storage can be a problem, particularly with the iPhone as you can't increase the storage.

Best wishes,
    Appcessible

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post