Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: esa appeal - any advice , suggestions greatful please

esa appeal - any advice , suggestions greatful please

so my reconsideration was refused and now i am submitting an appeal , any advice or suggestions would be greatfully accepted please , also is there any other money i can claim in the mean time ? is there anything else i need to be doing ??

tia xx

Do you receive DLA?....

if it's going to appeal your assessment rate should kick back in until the appeals heard

no doubt Jard will talk you through the process when he comes on

is there any organisations or charities that deals with whatever illness/ disabilities you suffer from that you can contact to help ?

Quote Originally Posted by acheron View Post
    if it's going to appeal your assessment rate should kick back in until the appeals heard
    Correct. Once the appeal is filed and DWP have a 'fit note' stating you are unfit for all work, ESA payments will restart at the assessment rate.

I endorse acheron's suggestion to get help with the appeal if possible.

Hello H13

As advised, get your fit/sick note in to your benefit office to restart assessment rate payments, you then need to start preparing for your Appeal Hearing as you probably wont get a great deal of notice about the date for it.
    This entails compiling all your evidence, Doctors letters/reports etc and writing a 'submission' for the Tribunal demonstrating how you meet the ESA criteria/descriptors. If you are at all unsure about how to do this contact an adviser local to you, like CAB or similar, asking for their help to get it done ASAP.

If there's anything else just post here, all the best.

Try and keep all your posts on the same thread, as it makes it difficult for us to follow your case if you keep opening new threads.

hi , yes i do get dla .
    i ve never had a sick note before ? i was just on incapacity benefit ? should i get one from my dr? where do i take or send this once i have it ? how do i get the assessment rate payments? my payments stopped in jan .

also do i just write in the first place stating i want to appeal ? or do i need to send all letters , proof etc when i say i want to appeal ?

my sons just lost his appeal been told he cant claim esa but cant claim js because un fit for work, hes too ill to fight anymore. too many people in the same situation getting told different storys each time, and appealing again takes too long he needs money now.
    Last edited by mummsey; 02-04-14 at 22:13. Reason: want to add more

that s awful mummsey , i can understand it makes you feel like that though , which is what they want i guess , why should we have to fight soooo hard

his illness is stress related so hes so stressed at the moment hes got crohns so might look ok outside but his insides hurt like hell.

awful hun , so unfair and cruel