Thread: pip payments

pip payments

Hi folks.
    I received my backdated payment today which was around the £4k mark. I just wanted to know a few things really. First, how much savings can I have on pip? I want to save for the future and just wondered so that I can make sure I abide by all their rules. Also, this backpay is from when I applied to the 25th March they said in the letter, so I wondered when my first official 4 weekly payment will go in.
    Are the payment dates the same for all?

Thank you and i'm sending positive decision vibes to everyone who is still waiting x

What a good idea to put some away for savings. There are a few experienced and well informed people on here who will help with your query.

As PIP is not a means tested benefit you can have as much savings as you want. However income related ESA, Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support are all effected by savings.

Thank you I am using the mobility side for a car which I ordered last week (mercedes) and will need some of the daily living side for general things I need but hope to save at least some for if I need new crutches in the future (I use nhs ones and my own pink ones that are much better and prettier) and also for if I need repairs to my wheelchair etc.

Xxx