Thread: Capita in the news here

Capita in the news here

http://disabilitynewsservice.com/201...iscrimination/

It starts with...................................

The company responsible for carrying out disability benefit assessments across Wales and central England is facing a revolt by disabled staff over allegations of widespread discrimination.

It seems the firm used for assessing people with disabilities is in trouble itself for disability discrimination claims from staff.

Really does not surprise me at all!! Not one little bit! I think it happens everywhere.
    Last edited by KAREN SV; 01-04-14 at 15:23.

I wonder what our government think of this? Do you think they would be bothered?

Probably not, i don't think this government gives a damn about any mere mortals, only people like them.

I was wondering though, who would do their assessments if they claim PIP. Surely there would be a conflict of interest if one of their colleagues did their assessment.

It would be conflict of interest wouldn't it if they were still employed and wanted to make a claim for PIP. And I think the company involved in this article is actually another one of Capitas' companies as they have loads.

I think the main problem by reading that article is their lack of understanding of the Equality Act 2010.
    Last edited by KAREN SV; 01-04-14 at 18:31.