Thread: help husband worried

help husband worried

Hi all new to this my husband had a letter of dwp saying there gonna phone him to check to see if hes being paid the right amount of esa it says its been a while since they last reviewed his entitlement but hes only been on it since january hes in the support group and was told he wouldnt be reviewed for three years so hes really worried it could be something serious he just cant figure out what its for we dont have savings the kids do but its not ours. It says the letter is from feps centre if thats helps. Please help so I can put his mind at rest thanks in advance.

It's probably "The Right Benefits Program" they contact people on all different kinds of benefits at random, picked by a computer I believe, some people actually end up getting more money because they were contacted by them.

No worries there

I suspect the check is to do with matters other than the Work Capability Assessment.

If you are in receipt of means-tested benefit, such as Income Related ESA, it might be about income or savings. You might need to produce evidence that the savings that belong to the children is their money, and that you didn't give it to them in order to qualify for benefit (which might be intentional deprivation of capital).

It doesn't sound like you're being suspected of fraud. Be open and honest about the situation and the chances are there's nothing to worry about. As Jard says, sometimes these checks are completely random.