Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: motability price

motability price

Hi I am pricking up my new on the 1st April if the deposit has gone down can I reject the the car and ask the dealer to resubmit the application again to get the lower price

Just tell the dealer that you want to cancel and immediately re-order to take advantage of the new price structure. Whats the worst that can happen??

Quote Originally Posted by stree View Post
    Just tell the dealer that you want to cancel and immediately re-order to take advantage of the new price structure. Whats the worst that can happen??
    Unfortunately you cannot do this. Once you have ordered your car you have to pay the AP at the time of ordering. If the price goes up would you offer to pay the higher AP? Motability will allow cancellations due to a significant change of health etc. which might require a different type of car to accommodate this. Cancellation could involve forfeiture of any deposit paid to the dealer. Its a risk we all take when we order a car as AP's do fluctuate.
    Last edited by paul1234; 26-03-14 at 22:45.

As well as forfeiture of any deposit/AP paid, you will most probably be banned from the scheme for a period of time.
    Even if you got away with it with Motability, you'll almost certainly have to find another dealer as they'll be stuck with your car.

It's just not worth the risk.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Well, that makes it pretty much a no wriggle room situation.
    Sounds like you just have to take the situation as it is Leslie.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie1480 View Post
    Hi I am pricking up my new on the 1st April if the deposit has gone down can I reject the the car and ask the dealer to resubmit the application again to get the lower price
    Please ignore advice of Stree, you end up in bad trouble, advices of two pauls is advice to take.

Given in good faith. Apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by stree View Post
    Given in good faith. Apologies.
    It would seem the logical thing to do but could land the applicant in a whole load of trouble and, as Paul has indicated, possibly excluded from the scheme. The only time you can "get away" with this is when ordering a car at the quarter end. If the dealer has next quarters prices its possible to pick the most advantageous AP and order from whichever is best. In fairness to Motability and most manufacturers the AP's for the vast majority of cars do not vary much at all now.

If the AP goes up and the dealer cancels how would you feel?

A contract is a contract and you have already made a commitment.

Just to mention my Volkswagen dealer informed me that if the price of the golf was to be lowered in January then he advised me I could cancel and re submit the application without any delay on getting the car. Not sure if this is the case with every dealer but that's what Volkswagen told me.