Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ib to esa (esa first payment)

Ib to esa (esa first payment)

When you cross over from ib to esa, your ib is paid fornightly, youve just had your last fortnightly ib payment, then you have a few days left on ib before they start paying you , your first day on esa,

question?, do they carry over the last few days of ib and add them to first esa payment? And do you get paid on the same day fornightly as you would when you where on ib,

unsure about all this

anyone been through it?

Hi when mine went over they sent me a letter saying what day the payment would go in and how much, mine was paid in the same week it was due only instead of thursday went in friday, if you are unsure ring them and ask when next payment is due in.

but did you carry over any days (might have been a few) of IB onto that first payment of esa?

You get one further payment of your old benefit, then the ESA decision takes effect two weeks later. As most people are paid fortnightly, this usually means a smooth transition takes place.

This should avoid mixed payments of old and new benefits.

The law is found in regulation 13 of The Employment and Support Allowance (Transitional Provisions, Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit) (Existing Awards) (No. 2) Regulations 2010 (SI 2010/1907).

but from my last fornightly ib payment until the first day they say im entitled to esa, there is 3 days left in transition, my last fortnightly IB is on A FRIDAY AND THEN THEY SAY I START 1 ST DAY ON ESA - 3 DAYS LATER ON THE TUESAY BUT THAT LEAVES 3 DAYS. UNTIL I START ESA

So i dont know if people are understanding what im saying ; will those 3 days be added on to the new fortnightly esa or will i get 3 days ib + 11 days esa on the cycle of the fortnightly friday payment?? THE 3 DAYS IB HAS TO GO SOMEWHERE??? or is it i get my last ib payment 14 days + an extra 3 on top of it,.... then start the 14 cycle esa???

understand??

What does the notification letter say about the date you start to be paid ESA? The law is clear - there should be no odd days, as I've explained.

Nevertheless, if DWP are making a decision that defies the law in your case, I'd expect any odd days to be paid separately.

The only way if knowing for sure what will happen is to call the office that issued your ESA decision and ask them to explain.

IB was always paid 1 day early (and never on sat/sun) so your actual payment day should have been Monday.

on migration to ESA they are paying you from tuesday so there is no 3 days gap as you are assuming

right i see slipmaster, thats still shit though, cos im use to being paid on friday, so i assume when the esa cycle kicks in on the tues, i will be paid 14 days from the tues, is that right? so i will be paid on a tues now, instead of a friday, is that right?

The day is determined by the last two numbers of the NINO as follows
    00 to 19 Monday
    20 to 39 Tuesday
    40 to 59 Wednesday
    60 to 79 Thursday
    80 to 99 Friday

my own is the first one and payday is monday but my payment is always showing in the bank on friday night, i have never tried to access it before monday so dont know if that would be possible
    Last edited by slipmaster; 23-03-14 at 15:49.

maybe i was stressin too much about this, thanks for explaining it slipmaster, youve took a load off my mind lol