Thread: Atos accused of misleading government on how quickly it could process claims..

Atos accused of misleading government on how quickly it could process claims..

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...-sick-disabled

Lets hope Capita are next to hit the papers as they are no better in my own personal experience.

Believe me Capita are due to hit the papers very soon ,within the next week and it is not going to be good press for them
    Last edited by Shelly65; 21-03-14 at 14:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly65 View Post
    Believe me Capita are due to hit the papers very soon ,within the next week and it is not going to be good press for them
    OMG. Why? What do you know Shelly? Is it to do with PIP?

Yes it is to do with PIP, i have Parkinsons and the Parkinsons uk charity were looking for people to tell there story to journalists about the whole PIP process and the horrendous delays so i told mine and it is being printed next week so i definitely know Capita are in for some bad press
    Last edited by Shelly65; 21-03-14 at 23:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly65 View Post
    Yes it is to do with PIP, i have Parkinsons and the Parkinsons uk charity were looking for people to tell there story to journalists about the whole PIP process and the horrendous delays so i told mine and it is being printed next week so i definitely know Capita are in for some bad press
    No media coverage is guaranteed until it is in print, much as this is good news, Shelly.

It's always possible for a story to be pushed out if there's last minute news or editorial priorities change.

There's also few guarantees about the line that is taken with the information you provide. It's possible that what you think is a hard hitting story gets blunted by the efforts of DWP to explain that they know all about the problems and that changes are already being made.

Still, I have my fingers crossed for a good quality expose on the suffering caused by the PIP delays. Please post a link if the final coverage is available online and you're comfortable to do so.

The reason behind giving the story was to highlight the problems that are being faced by the sick and disabled and the most vulnerable in society , it is by no means making front page news but from what i understand from the journalist herself having spoken directly with her she intends to run the story next week mine and another two peoples story exposing as you quite rightly say the suffering people are enduring due to PIP delays , i understand it is to be printed in the Real Britain column in the Daily Mirror

Yes i will post a link .

Hi Shelly,

Did you get your news story printed? I have tried to have a look and found this on Capita but not about delays in PIP claims though.

http://disabilitynewsservice.com/201...iscrimination/

Oh, theres one here and I am assuming this is it as it contains a few people who were waiting

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...herapy-3286049