Thread: "The big push!!!"

"The big push!!!"

Well, it has started. The sorting, the packing, the realisation of how much stuff we have got!!!
    This will definately be my last home move. EVER!!! Lol.
    I have made a start on the kitchen, mostly packed away. All my precious things, crystal, photos etc are packed away.
    The other half is at work this week, so I am having to get on as best I can. I am doing little bits here and there, but do not seem to be getting very far. I sort through a few bits, then have to rest. Do a bit more, rest.
    I have been putting loads of stuff on free sites, so others can make use of what we no longer need etc.
    My Mum-in-law is coming up today, so I have decided I am going to enjoy the visit and relax. (apart from numerous phone calls to various people to sort out utilities, etc.)
    The move date is set for 29th March, so I am hoping we will be all set for then.
    On the plus side, we have ordered a new single bed for me to go in the spare room. So at least I will have somewhere comfy to rest during the day at the new bungalow.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

People never realise how much stuff they actually have.

Hope the move goes well for you and it isn't *overly* stressful

Thanks flower x

I am doing a bit more packing up today. Mum in law did some bits for me yesterday which helped a lot. She is also going to the bungalow next Tuesday morning to do some cleaning for us. We have to go there in the afternoon to wait for some furniture to be delivered.

I gave a load of stuff to a lady yesterday who raises money for charity, this year she is raising money for Alzheimers. I told her I will have a lot more for her next week once the other half has been up the loft, lol.

I am having problems getting hold of gas and electric suppliers at the moment, waiting on the phone for ages for people to answer. We have to get the gas account registered in our names before the LHA will uncap the meter. The lady on the phone said, it is too early to register the account, so I explained about the meter. She tried to put me through to the billing dept, but nobody was answering. So, I have to keep trying again today. (these are the sort of things that get me overly stressed!!).

Oh well back to packing and document shredding.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I wish you well for the move. It sounds like there is so much to look forward to that I hope the hard work of moving won't feel too much like a chore.

We moved 30 years ago and my husband said never again! So far all we have done is collect stuff, despite my efforts to get rid of model cars, bits of wood, various lengths of old electrical wire, old and broken garden tools etc etc. drives me mad! Enjoy your clear out.

Thanks flymo and firebird.
    I know it will all be worth it in the end.
    Still not managed to get hold of gas and electricity suppliers on the phone, so frustrating. I thought these people wanted our money? Lol.
    I am phoning a local charity today to see if they want the double futon, so hopefully that will make a bit of money for them.
    I ordered some large plastic boxes on sunday to pack all my craft stuff into. They arrived yesterday, when I unwrapped them, they were completely broken!! So, I am now in the process of getting replacements or refund. Very annoying as it has held up my packing.
    Oh well, onwards and upwards, as the saying goes. x

We moved into our house 35 years ago and said never again.We collect so much stuff and if god forbid we ever have to move OH shed will be a nightmare .Best place to clear would be the loft as theres nothing in there as we had new insulation put in there last year and I refuse to let anything go up there.
    Good luck with your move babyblue it will all be worth it in the end.

Thanks for the good luck wishes barbiejane x

I have finally managed to set up the new accounts for gas and electricity, so thats another box ticked.
    Been trying to get a charity to have the futon, 2 turned me down as they would not move it from the bedroom upstairs, (health and safety apparrently!). Finally managed to get a local Furniture Mine to take it on Monday. At least it will help someone out.
    I am having a well desrved cuppa and a 10 minute relax at the moment before starting a bit more packing.

I was very lucky, my cat decided to help me pack ............

aww, thats so cute phaedra x I do not generally like cats, (allergies etc) but he/she is gorgeous.