Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I swear to god, they are killing me - revised paperwork/PIP/Capita

I swear to god, they are killing me - revised paperwork/PIP/Capita

I have just rang DWP again about my PIP as I had been told last time I rang that my decision was being made and that Capita had again sent everything back to DWP on 5th March, 2014 BUT I have now been told that DWP have asked for some revised paperwork on 13th March, 2014.

I just cannot believe this. They are slowly but surely killing me.

I made my claim the first few days of August, had my assessment on 4th November, 2013, Capita sent report to DWP on 9th January, 2014, the report was sent back to Capita on 29th January, Capita sent it back to DWP on 5th March, 2014 and DWP sent back to Capita asking for revised paperwork on 13th March, 2014. I am emailing my MP again now although she is conservative and will not do a thing. Its so wrong how they are treating me. I know of people on here that have been treated bad but mine seems to beat them all because they are actually playing with me and piece by piece killing me because I NEED to know to be able to get on with my life. As you can see I am not being impatient. I am not doing anything wrong because I only want to know. Why are they doing this? What revised paperwork can they ask for? How can they revise paperwork? Why would paperwork need revising?

This is from the Benefits and Works page. You are not alone!

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/new...for-transplant

So sorry to hear your problems Karen , i had my assessment on 6th March 2014 and i called Capita today and was told my report had been finalized and was sent to DWP on 13th March , my MP has been involved in my case since last November , he is a Labour MP , i was told originally that my assessor had sent a very detailed report so maybe that helped my case the more detail the better it seems , lets see if the report is detailed enough for DWP . my original claim was started on 4th September 2013 and i had to wait till 6th March for assessment so overall about 30 weeks by the time DWP hopefully sort it .

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly65 View Post
    So sorry to hear your problems Karen , i had my assessment on 6th March 2014 and i called Capita today and was told my report had been finalized and was sent to DWP on 13th March , my MP has been involved in my case since last November , he is a Labour MP , i was told originally that my assessor had sent a very detailed report so maybe that helped my case the more detail the better it seems , lets see if the report is detailed enough for DWP . my original claim was started on 4th September 2013 and i had to wait till 6th March for assessment so overall about 30 weeks by the time DWP hopefully sort it .
    Hi Shelly,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. As you state your MP is Labour I think that makes such a difference. Mine is Conservative so it makes me think that she has no interest whatsoever in helping me to claim a benefit that her party are making so difficult to claim and making cuts to these types of benefits by the day.

When you say "lets see if the report is detailed enough for the DWP" do you mean that original report from Capita to the DWP because this was originally sent to DWP on 9th January, 2013. Its been backwards and forwards twice so it seems that what you are saying is that Capita have made a complete balls up of my case in that its not detailed enough.

The girl that did my assessment said she was a nurse who fancied a change of career. She spent long enough here though and got paid enough I bet and I doubt that she would remember things in detail (if she missed them off the assessment done on 4th November, 2013) to amend anything now so how can they say they have had to go back to Capita for revised paperwork? They received ALL my medical notes between the hospital and my doctor which was lucky because I had to have them for my employment tribunal so I photocopied them all for PIP.

I want to know why they need to keep revising everything now? Surely this is not legal at near on 9 months later from claim to nearing decision?

I feel slightly discriminated against here!
    Last edited by KAREN SV; 17-03-14 at 12:43.

I'm really sorry to read that your report has gone back to Capita for further rework or clarification. The whole saga reminds me a little of Lady Bracknell's famous line in Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest: "To lose one parent, Mr. Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune. To lose both looks like carelessness."

Ultimately, it is in your interests for DWP to get any defects in the evidence base corrected now, rather than making a decision based on known defective evidence that you may then have to challenge. There is still something in the report with which DWP are not happy, though is is unclear whether the problem is still in the same area.

You could complain to Capita about the situation, though I would go no further than requesting your case is given top priority seeing as it is now back for them for a second clarification request. You can make this request yourself - it probably wouldn't have any more weight coming from an MP. Hopefully they will prioritise any second or subsequent requests for clarification on their own initiative.

If you go any further in your complaints at this stage, you risk your file being quarantined whilst the complaint is dealt with, which may slow things down further. It's probably better to save any other complaints until the decision is made and you have a full copy of your PIP file from DWP, which will likely reveal some information about the dealings between DWP and the assessment provider.

Hi Karen

Yes i was referring to my report , as in if it is detailed enough for DWP the home assessor did send a very detailed report to Capita so i am told so maybe he sent enough information for them to do the final report quite quickly although as i say i have had various people on DWP and Capitas case my mp and Parkinsons uk
    I will await my decision from DWP .

So sorry you feel that way Karen i know how frustrating it has been for me especially waiting for Capita to employ some health professionals to do the home assessment that is what held up my assessment for so long , i only hope DWP have all they need to make a decision , from the date i had my home visit to Capita sending the report to DWP was only 1 week i do not know if i should be pleased or worried .

I hope things are sorted quickly for you Karen

My heart breaks for you, Karen, as I know how much you need to know what is happening and that you have been waiting a long time.

The rules about revealing awards on the phone are the same as under DLA, I believe - officially, they're not supposed to tell you anything you don't already know (sometimes you get a back payment before you get the decision letter), but they can often be persuaded to reveal good news about an award being made.

You simply cannot say that any particular events mean you will not be awarded PIP. As I said, if there were no grounds to award you PIP, you would likely have been turned down already.

I have absolutely no idea why further clarification is needed in your case and why this is all taking so long. My suggestion, hard as it is, is that you simply have to let the process complete - there's little you, DWP and your MP can do to speed things up. Once you have a decision, you can complain to Capita and DWP about the wholly unacceptable delays and repeated clarification requests. You can make these complaints in a much more informed manner if you get a copy of your PIP file including the assessment report, but you can't usefully do this until you have a decision.

Well I had another letter today to say again they have everything they need to make the decision and sorry its taken so long. Its dated with 18th March which is the date when the lady manager from DWP rang me to say they did not have everything they needed. Its also the second time they have sent this letter out to me as one was received in January too so do I take it as they DO have everything now or not? Its so confusing me. I don't know what to believe or who to believe or is it just to mess up my week again with thinking its all coming to an end when its not in reality.

notnamedbill
    I think that maybe we are in the same boat Karen? My condition is very rare and I am also wondering if this is the cause of the delay. We also applied and had our interviews at roughly the same time but I had my 'we got it all letter' the end of December.

But! It's not suposed to be about the personal problem but about how the problem effects our lives LOL.

The very fact that I cannot work anymore and this having a knock on effect on expenditure apparently means nothing to anyone except me, so yes I know exactly how you are feeling - nobody gives a s&&. I know of 2 other men with this condition in the UK (both in Kent) stastistically there should be 5! Nobodies working out what we are losing during this time, can someone tell me what it's like in Walsall town centre these days as I cannot park close enough to go in, yes this is a loss (well not really, it wasn't that exciting a few years back)

From experience of other types of government contracts I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't a quota game and it's our turn next month.