Thread: Need ADVISE ATOS ESA assessment points scoring

Need ADVISE ATOS ESA assessment points scoring

Hi can someone please explain what this means on the atos esa points scoring system ;

3. Reaching

a) Cannot raise either arm as if to put something in the top pocket of a coat or jacket. 15 pts

b) Cannot raise either arm to top of head as if to put on a hat. 9pts

c) Cannot raise either arm above head height as if to reach for something. 6pts

d) None of the above apply

Does either arm mean both arms or just either one or the other arm ?

I cant move my right arm at all i cam only move it a couple of inches as i have got a full thickness tendon tear in the rotary cuff joint and i have a pectoral tear after having an accident and i am awaiting surgery .

I can move my other arm ok my left arm , so does this mean i get the 15 points as i can definitely not move my right arm as if to put something in the top pocket of a coat or jacket with my right arm , or does it mean that i have to be unable to do it with both arms ?

Thanks

Both arms, if either (left or right) work:- No Points.

As Jard says, you have to be unable to do the action with both left and right arm to score the points.

What you're seeing is the way negatives of more than one thing works. The opposite of "can do with both" is "cannot do with either". "Cannot do with both" is the opposite of "can do with either".