Thread: Circumstance Changes and Updates

Circumstance Changes and Updates

I've just had a couple of letters forwarded from my last address. From the DWP. It seems that my previous person who did my care for me didn't make the phone call to update my address when I moved. The problem is that I've been here a few months and I'm moving to my new place next week. So I have to notify them that through no fault of my own I have to give them two updates in a short space of time. No other circumstances have changed. The second problem is that I can't actually make phone calls because I have issues with talking (mental health related mostly - along with an intermittent speech impediment which comes out when I'm nervous). Does anybody know if there's a postal address so I can write to them to explain? I can't afford to lose my benefits

I've found this postal address for ESA - http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/employmen...owance-contact
    And another for DLA - https://www.gov.uk/disability-benefits-helpline
    I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of doing notifications by post?

You need to contact the DWP at the address you can find on your last award letter, if you can't find that try contacting your local JC+ office and ask them, they can also scan any documents through to your benefits office for you if need be.

There should be no problem notifying by post, nor with two changes of address in a short period. As Jard says, notification should go to the addresses on your last ESA and DLA letters, not the addresses on gov.uk which are for new applications.