Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raised beds?

Raised beds?

Well i read some interesting stuff on here but the threads are closed!!

So have resorted to starting a new one, about the subject of raised beds in answer to some queries in previous threads.
    My raised beds are made from old tyres. You can get em FREE from any place like kwik-fit or the tip.
    They can go on bare earth or even slabs. People not likely to nick em. (for Stephen in Leeds)
    I put black membrane down first to suppress weeds and aid with heat retention. The broken crocks or gravel. Then fill with either brought compost or your homemade stuff and whizzo plant away.
    Obviously i got help with the heavy lifting bits here, having MS myself. bit I've grown lillies, ornamental gourds, and tri-colour maize and rubekias in em.
    Yeah proper posh raised beds will cost a bomb but think outside the box (sorry!) and adapt a ton of stuff ppl don't want.
    And for the person who wanted to know difficulties face by disabled gardeners, pleas get in touch....your threads are CLOSED...how can we answer?

What, NO GARDENERS READING THREADS AT ALL?????

well I am, will be posting soon!

Well damn its nice to know theres someone reading these things! I was so gutted that all those other threads were closed!

I am looking into the possibility of having raised beds in the near future when I have my garden landscaped. I am looking forward to having a garden I can cope with other than grass cutting.

Threads are closed after a period of inactivity, mostly to prevent spammers from reviving them.

The gardening forum hasn't been that active for a while, but if you start posting new threads (including on topics of closed threads that interest you) you'll encourage others to join in.

What happened to my reply containing a link to an article abt vertical planting?

Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post
    What happened to my reply containing a link to an article abt vertical planting?
    Often replies go through the moderators and then appear some time later. Its usually a random thing, as far as i know.

Started planting my September sown sweetpeas last week. Soil is warming up now..

Vertical planting

Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post
    My link was removed so try again, you may be interested to go to www.permaculture.co.uk and search "vertical planting"
    Very interesting as disabled properties tend to have small gardens and also it makes the plants HIGHER up to reach.