Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordered my car today

Ordered my car today

I had PIP mobility and care awards granted recently, first claim, so decided on a mobility car.
    I have chosen a Seat 1.6TDi SE Tech Pack., Expecting a longish wait but was told that one is already in the docks and probably be with me in 2 weeks...Great. Its a 5 door saloon and in Phantom black. Lots of goodies on board.

donkey66
    Thats a real sensible choice was in my top 2
    VW build and quality and if the fuel economy is anything like they claim (and ive no reason to doubt it) then your on a real winner

There was nothing i disliked with this car ticked every box going other than the seat entry hieght but the demonstrator we tried had an amazing stereo even had the sat nav

One minor point and this seems to go for almost ever car manufacture is the folding mirrors, for me i need to get close to wall to get the door open as far as it can go and the car we tried didnt have the mirrors, yours bieng Tech might have it
    get the photos up mate

Yes I wondered about the folding mirrors: Don`t thnk this has them either though. The Tech Pack I ordered has the sat nav, LED lights head and tail,bluetooth Ipod, etc , electronic limited slip diff,and I really enjoyed it on the test drive..and if it is anywhere near the 85MPG motorway fuel consumption I will be very happy!
    Seems to even just have the edge over the Octavia in a lot of reviews, and as you say its VAG pedigree is reassuring.
    I will get some pics up when it arrives, looking forward to it!
    Thanks for the positive comments as well!

donkey66
    If memory serves me right they are available on your spec by pushing a button mate but all the manufactures now seem to cut costs on things like that and we just forget the important little things when we go into a showroom

I found out the expensive way once as i need to fold the mirrors in and get close to wall to be able to have my door open fully, I did once enquire how much just to get the passenger one to fold as the drivers one I can reach manually

But your car I couldnt work out if it felt like an Audi or VW well built solid no rattles point and shoot, I loved the flat folding seats even now with hindsight im thinking I should of bought one
    I ended up ordering the Quashqai just because of the seating height and I do sort of regret it lol

I was really considering the Qashqai as well, but although it has lots of positive factors the fuel usage is not so good, it requires a down payment and the Seat did not, and I felt its more of a school run/shopping car than the Leon. Just a bit of prejudice there !

Quote Originally Posted by stree View Post
    I had PIP mobility and care awards granted recently, first claim, so decided on a mobility car.
    I have chosen a Seat 1.6TDi SE Tech Pack., Expecting a longish wait but was told that one is already in the docks and probably be with me in 2 weeks...Great. Its a 5 door saloon and in Phantom black. Lots of goodies on board.
    It is a very nice car which I hope you will like.

Thank you fwipperie, and I am sure I will like and enjoy the car. Certainly make life much easier.

we have just got seat leon with tech pack fantastic car really smooth and good with fuel and my husband said its a pleaseure to drive

Christine,
    I had a good test drive and am at home with either diesel or petrol engines, I chose the diesel Leon and its a good strong engine and very solid and comfortable car. All the techie bits will take some getting used to, sat nav, bluetooth etc....But I am sure they can be very useful.

Well, had a phone call yesterday and the car will be ready for collection on the 15th..........That is only 12 days after ordering it!
    Only snag is the oin number from DWP is not here yet...Wonder how long that will take....