Thread: Back to work help please

Back to work help please

Hi all hope your all well
    As the title says I'm trying to go back to work.But I'm not sure how to find out how many hours I need to work.

I've been planning to go back for awhile but hubby haven't been well so had to put it off now back on an even keel
    I'm back onto trying to find out I've been to cab they say to go on to a couple of websites and put my details in which I've done and they've come up with a couple of diffrant answers.So heres my question.
    At the moment this a break down of what we got coming in
    Living expenses for you and partner £112.55
    Extra because you of the disability income guarantee. £21.75
    Extra for support group £34.80
    Which gives a total of income related amount £169.10
    Plus dla L/c. M/m
    Ctc
    H/b
    C/b
    So can anyone tell me what we would loose by me work min wage for 16 hours a week
    And what we would loose with me working 24 hours a week
    I've been searching the net been to cab and disabilty advice centre they they both said go to net
    Sorry for the long post but I just can't seem to get a straight answer.
    Best wishes
    Kate
    Ps sorry at the top of the letter it says
    The payment of esa is based on you NI contribution records and any additional amount the law says you need to live on
    Is this saying we are on cb esa
    Sorry I'm just so confused.
    Sorry just another thing to add hubby was on ib for 20 years put into esa wrag put into support group after appeal.
    Thanks again all don't know if the above makes any diffrance just thought I would give you the full story
    Thanks again
    Last edited by kate h; 09-03-14 at 15:03.

Quote Originally Posted by kate h View Post
    Hi all hope your all well
    As the title says I'm trying to go back to work.But I'm not sure how to find out how many hours I need to work.

I've been planning to go back for awhile but hubby haven't been well so had to put it off now back on an even keel
    I'm back onto trying to find out I've been to cab they say to go on to a couple of websites and put my details in which I've done and they've come up with a couple of diffrant answers.So heres my question.
    At the moment this a break down of what we got coming in
    Living expenses for you and partner £112.55
    Extra because you of the disability income guarantee. £21.75
    Extra for support group £34.80
    Which gives a total of income related amount £169.10
    Plus dla L/c. M/m
    Ctc
    H/b
    C/b
    So can anyone tell me what we would loose by me work min wage for 16 hours a week
    And what we would loose with me working 24 hours a week
    I've been searching the net been to cab and disabilty advice centre they they both said go to net
    Sorry for the long post but I just can't seem to get a straight answer.
    Best wishes
    Kate
    Ps sorry at the top of the letter it says
    The payment of esa is based on you NI contribution records and any additional amount the law says you need to live on

Is this saying we are on cb esa
    Sorry I'm just so confused.
    The first Bit in bold says income related so suggests you are on Income Related ESA.

The second bit in bold is just part of the standard letter - some people's ESA may be made up of CB (if they have made any NI Contributions) with a top up of IR to get them up to the amount the law says you need to live on.

Thanks for the reply
    I know this May sound like I'm thick but how would I find out how much ir he is getting because I know that's the part they will take when I go back to work .
    He was transferred from ib so am I write in thinking he would not loose all of his esa.
    We have a 7 year so do you think they would just give him basic esa cb and we would get WTC to make up our money when I go back to work .

The basic (CB) ESA is £106 a week, everything above that is Income Related, I think. Though depending on your wages and circumstances you may be eligible for various (IR) make up's. Contact your local CAB and ask for a full Benefits check to ensure your full entitlement.

Thanks for the reply
    I think what I'm asking is if my partner has been migrated from ib that he was on for a number of years would he get basic cb esa if I go back to work part time for 24 or 16 hours which ever works for us.
    Because I thought people who were or ib were put onto cb esa for limited time but if in support group was not time limited ( hubby in support group ).
    Thanks again all such a great help
    Kate