Thread: Help/Opinions Please?

Unhappy Help/Opinions Please?

I have a friend who's being forced onto ESA by his parents, and not in his best interest either..

They're claiming it by saying he has depression, I don't know what Doctor they went to for the notes because he hasn't got depression, I've known him 11 years and he's perfectly fine (from someone that has been diagnosed with depression, this p***** me off!). He's perfectly able to be on JSA, his parents are a little greedy and are wanting that extra money. I'm sort of happy he got put on the lower rate (£70) rather than any higher, but I'm still shocked that they're able to abuse the system that so many of us require!

I've tried talking to him about going on JSA instead, as I think we can all agree that ESA/DLA etc are a pain in the rear and aren't worth it. His family are his appointee(s), so he's unable to do anything about all of this. I don't know what I can do to help him, hence posting here.

It is quite possible he will be turned down for ESA so that will shoot them in the feet.
    Sorry I can't help you.

If his parents are his appointee,s then he must have some sort of diagnosed condition,how do you know he does not suffer from depression? It manifests in lots of different ways

I know 110% that he doesn't suffer from Depression. I respect that it does come in several variations, I've witnessed a few myself and would never judge, or interfere with someone's emotional or physical disabilities. But I can safely say he does not suffer from it, I see him every single day, and the majority of the time he's staying the night, I see more of him than his family do.

His family are the type to pull money from anywhere, a few years ago they sued the Council for £1500 for an incident that happened 19 years ago when my friend (2 years old) banged his head on a half-opened stable door (top half). That's not the Council's fault, that was poor parenting and letting a 2 year old wander out of safe sight. But they claimed he had daily headaches from it, I was there when they told him to put it on when he said "But I don't get them"

If he applies for ESA, he will need medical back up for anything he is claiming for. He would probably have to attend a ftf interview and they would contact his GP and any other medical professional that treat him. If his GP/medical professional do not provide evidence of conditions/illnesses, then he would probably be turned down anyway. Many of us get turned down in the first instance even when providing medical eveidence! So, if as you say, there is nothing wrong with your friend, then he would not get ESA.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

He was a very big lad for 2 years of age. Stable doors be it for a house or stable are quite high. I would suspect the whole thread is a wind up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornwall View Post
    He was a very big lad for 2 years of age. Stable doors be it for a house or stable are quite high. I would suspect the whole thread is a wind up.
    You clearly misread into that part, I was explaining that his family make up lies to get money. That was one example of their lies, and how far they stretch them. I would gain nothing from creating a wind-up thread, I'm on ESA and just want advice on what I should do because they're the people making the system tougher to remain on for people that genuinely need it.