Thread: Heated steering wheel anyone?

Heated steering wheel anyone?

Can anyone tell me what vehicle manufacturers have heated steering wheels, standard or optional extra please? Looking for links on the web but finding it difficult without going through each manufacturer. Found Vauxhalls have the option but trying to broaden the search. If there are previous threads of relevance I'd be interested.
    Cheers in advance.

Ever considered a pair of driving gloves as a cheap option.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...l_5uduq5tn7l_b

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    Ever considered a pair of driving gloves as a cheap option.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...l_5uduq5tn7l_b
    Really? Do you really think I would have asked such a question without having considered that? I'm sorry if you find my reply a bit abrupt but even though it's close to +10 degrees outside, my hands and more specifically my fingers turn blue with cold but feel like they are burning with pain. If I miss-read your reply please forgive me, I'm having a bad day!!

Corsa and Adam have that option, as do BMW, Ranger Rover, Mercedes probably Audi and others too. retrofit heated steering wheel covers are available on USA Ebay, not seen any on UK Ebay yet....Powered by 12v lighter/power socket

Not ideal, but you could try battery-operated heated gloves, I've tried them myself when we were in North Carolina one winter when it reached -30C!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battery-Heat...driving+gloves
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Thanks Paul and Stree, yeh I have heated gloves but find it very awkward driving in them. I find switches and controls difficult wearing gloves but just for a short while (whilst the car warms up) a warm s/wheel might be advantageous.

Quote Originally Posted by fireblade999 View Post
    Thanks Paul and Stree, yeh I have heated gloves but find it very awkward driving in them. I find switches and controls difficult wearing gloves but just for a short while (whilst the car warms up) a warm s/wheel might be advantageous.
    Hate to sound boring but was just trying to help with a cost-efficient solution.

Thinking outside the box have you considered microwave hand warming gloves
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/One-pair-Mic...and+gel+warmer

And going further into your complaint about cold hands. From a biological point of view there are a few reasons why your hands are cold. You must be thin and the reason why the blood departs from your extremities eg hands and feet is to warm the essential organs of the body eg heart. So if you aren't wearing enough clothes to keep your core organs warm your hands will be cold.

You need more fuel in your body to burn up - step up those calories.

You've probably also got low blood pressure which is due to dehydration - you need to drink more fluids to raise your blood pressure which will improve your circulation and warm your hands.

Due to your disability you are immobile and don't generate heat through some sort of exercise - even rubbing your hands together.

The heated steering wheel is a solution. You should perhaps address the cause which will correct the problem thus not needing a heated steering wheel.

Sorry if it sounds hard but only trying to add a logical possible solution given the small amount of facts.
    Last edited by Lighttouch; 06-03-14 at 14:54.