Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PET HATES - what's yours!

Hi Keith,

I'll try that out and see what happens!

Junk mail is one of my pet hates also.

Menus from local takeaways, I have a note on my window requesting this rubbish is not put through my letterbox, but they still do it. Which brings me on to another pet hate, people who do not close my gate. (usually the ones who deliver the menus), but also the postman.

People who get animals and then do not look after them properly.

People who talk "over" me to my other half when I am in my wheelchair.

Bad manners, please and thank you cost nothing.

Automated phone services, press button 1 for this, button 2 for that. Which button do I press to talk to a human being?
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote Originally Posted by keithl View Post
    If you write to your local delivery office you can request that they do not deliver any "unaddressed mail" to your address. I think it last three years.
    There's a link in my earlier reply that gives an e-mail address to opt out. Click the words "opt out" in that post. (I'm writing this on a mobile phone, where it's rather harder to post links).

A lot of my posts do contain that sort of link, but I wonder whether people spot them, especially the visually impaired or those using certain types of assistive software.

Oh, and door to door catalogues (Avon, Betterware, Kleenezee, etc.). They expect you to leave it outside for them to collect. "Hey burglar, nobody is in".

I hate it when people who are not elderly or disabled sit on the front seats of the bus, more often than not it is people with pushchairs. It annoys me even more when the person in front of me in the queue sits there.

Also bus drivers who can see im disabled (as im on crutches) either need nagging to lower the bus or my big pet hate, SET OFF BEFORE I'VE SAT DOWN, causing me to freeze and often fall.

people who turn pages of a book over as a book mark yes know it's a bit trivial but it annoys the hell out of me

Quote Originally Posted by galeforce81 View Post
    I hate it when people who are not elderly or disabled sit on the front seats of the bus, more often than not it is people with pushchairs. It annoys me even more when the person in front of me in the queue sits there.

Also bus drivers who can see im disabled (as im on crutches) either need nagging to lower the bus or my big pet hate, SET OFF BEFORE I'VE SAT DOWN, causing me to freeze and often fall.
    I am a hater of those situations too. I have even been refused on a bus with my walker because it has been chokker with prams and pushchairs that they refuse to fold. Not funny having to wait 1/2 hour for the next one especially when it is cold.

People who chat on their mobile phone in public places, e.g supermarket, restaurant etc. Why can't they wait until they are in their car, or at home to use their phone.

This absolutely infuriates me, it is rude and disrespectful to others. Why is it that people feel they must be immediately accessible at all times.

Those who Lie - really annoys me
    Sea Queen

Oh, I hate the bus scenaio as well.
    On extremely good days, (very rare), I would be able to use the bus for short journeys using my walking stick. People would be sat in the disabled seats, look away and not give up the seat. Most of the time, I have to use my wheelchair when out. That was worse as we could not get the wheelchair on the bus because of pushchairs, elderly people with shopping trolleys etc.
    I contacted a local bus company who said, "the driver can ask people to give up the disabled seating and also ask people to collapse their pushchairs". But they never do!!!
    We no longer use the bus.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.