Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: PET HATES - what's yours!

  1. #1
    Senior Member Lighttouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,800

    PET HATES - what's yours!

    JUNK MAIL

    I think that the post office is paid to deliver local flyers on there rounds.

    About 10am I heard a satisfying thud on the porch floor. When I investigated I couldn't have been more disappointed! Strewn across the floor were no less than 17 flyers selling everything from Pizzas to joining a choir!

    I hate flyers as I find it a real chore picking all this rubbish up.

    So much for saving the environment and trees!

    Perhaps I should slap a notice on my for saying no fly leaflets'. Alternatively I could rig up a flame thrower that fires through the letterbox when it detects the gate opening. lol

  2. #2
    David Cameron

    also queues, marmite and ignorance

  3. #3
    Senior Member deebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    croydon
    Posts
    1,601
    I can,t stand people that sit on the outside seat on a train, making the inside seat unreachable!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    I think that the post office is paid to deliver local flyers on there rounds.
    They are paid to deliver this "unaddressed mail".

    You can look on it as advertisers subsidising the cost of the postal service - I feed it straight to the recycling box. However, if you're not prepared to do that and don't want the stuff delivered, you can opt out.

  5. #5
    Senior Member beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,013
    I too feed it straight into the recycling bin. Have opted out in the past and most did not get through but now we get loads. Reading the link the registration is only valid for 2 years so that explains why we seem to have lots delivered now. I did not realise about the 2 year limit as I presume many others don't.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Kodiak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Thurso, Caithness, Scotland
    Posts
    503
    My PET HATE is the Dog Next Door. He keeps on Barking for hours on end and it almost drives me crazy.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

  7. #7
    Senior Member flowerangelx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    936
    Oh god! I have a lot of pet hates:

    • Parents who scream at their kids - especially in public
    • Dogs that bark at stupid hours
    • Junk mail
    • Friends requests on facebook from people who I don't know
    • Text speak - I can't stand it. I don't mind "LOL" or "BTW", But..txt spk..No. Just..no.
    • People who are late for appointments/meetings/get togethers - If I can have a panic attack and still arrive on time, i'm sure the other person can!
    • Jeggings
    • People who shove their religion down my throat - Do I shove the fact that I believe in Evolution down your throat? No. So don't shove your religion down mine, or I *WILL* have something to say
    • Numerous game requests on facebook. No, I do not want to play candy-pet-case-witch-ville, thank you very much


    I could go on................

  8. #8
    Senior Member beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,013
    Kids that run riot in supermarkets, laying on the floor, screaming and their parents who do nothing about it.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by deebee View Post
    I can,t stand people that sit on the outside seat on a train, making the inside seat unreachable!
    I'm a "larger" person and I sit on the outside seat so that I expand into the corridor rather than the next person's seat. I'm quite happy to get up and let somebody in if they look at the seat next to me or even politely ask.

    One of my pet hates is people who hit me with bags whilst sitting on the outside set on a train - especially those with backpacks on who spin round forgetting that they have a big hard heavy lump on their back.
    Last edited by keithl; 05-03-14 at 09:55.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    JUNK MAIL

    I think that the post office is paid to deliver local flyers on there rounds.

    About 10am I heard a satisfying thud on the porch floor. When I investigated I couldn't have been more disappointed! Strewn across the floor were no less than 17 flyers selling everything from Pizzas to joining a choir!

    I hate flyers as I find it a real chore picking all this rubbish up.

    So much for saving the environment and trees!

    Perhaps I should slap a notice on my for saying no fly leaflets'. Alternatively I could rig up a flame thrower that fires through the letterbox when it detects the gate opening. lol
    If you write to your local delivery office you can request that they do not deliver any "unaddressed mail" to your address. I think it last three years.

Similar Threads

  1. What are your pet hates?
    By trin in forum News and general discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-04-12, 18:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •