Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PET HATES - what's yours!

PET HATES - what's yours!

JUNK MAIL

I think that the post office is paid to deliver local flyers on there rounds.

About 10am I heard a satisfying thud on the porch floor. When I investigated I couldn't have been more disappointed! Strewn across the floor were no less than 17 flyers selling everything from Pizzas to joining a choir!

I hate flyers as I find it a real chore picking all this rubbish up.

So much for saving the environment and trees!

Perhaps I should slap a notice on my for saying no fly leaflets'. Alternatively I could rig up a flame thrower that fires through the letterbox when it detects the gate opening. lol

David Cameron

also queues, marmite and ignorance

I can,t stand people that sit on the outside seat on a train, making the inside seat unreachable!

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    They are paid to deliver this "unaddressed mail".

You can look on it as advertisers subsidising the cost of the postal service - I feed it straight to the recycling box. However, if you're not prepared to do that and don't want the stuff delivered, you can opt out.

I too feed it straight into the recycling bin. Have opted out in the past and most did not get through but now we get loads. Reading the link the registration is only valid for 2 years so that explains why we seem to have lots delivered now. I did not realise about the 2 year limit as I presume many others don't.

My PET HATE is the Dog Next Door. He keeps on Barking for hours on end and it almost drives me crazy.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Oh god! I have a lot of pet hates:

• Parents who scream at their kids - especially in public
    • Dogs that bark at stupid hours
    • Junk mail
    • Friends requests on facebook from people who I don't know
    • Text speak - I can't stand it. I don't mind "LOL" or "BTW", But..txt spk..No. Just..no.
    • People who are late for appointments/meetings/get togethers - If I can have a panic attack and still arrive on time, i'm sure the other person can!
    • Jeggings
    • People who shove their religion down my throat - Do I shove the fact that I believe in Evolution down your throat? No. So don't shove your religion down mine, or I *WILL* have something to say
    • Numerous game requests on facebook. No, I do not want to play candy-pet-case-witch-ville, thank you very much

I could go on................

Kids that run riot in supermarkets, laying on the floor, screaming and their parents who do nothing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by deebee View Post
    I can,t stand people that sit on the outside seat on a train, making the inside seat unreachable!
    I'm a "larger" person and I sit on the outside seat so that I expand into the corridor rather than the next person's seat. I'm quite happy to get up and let somebody in if they look at the seat next to me or even politely ask.

One of my pet hates is people who hit me with bags whilst sitting on the outside set on a train - especially those with backpacks on who spin round forgetting that they have a big hard heavy lump on their back.
    Last edited by keithl; 05-03-14 at 09:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    JUNK MAIL

About 10am I heard a satisfying thud on the porch floor. When I investigated I couldn't have been more disappointed! Strewn across the floor were no less than 17 flyers selling everything from Pizzas to joining a choir!

I hate flyers as I find it a real chore picking all this rubbish up.

So much for saving the environment and trees!

Perhaps I should slap a notice on my for saying no fly leaflets'. Alternatively I could rig up a flame thrower that fires through the letterbox when it detects the gate opening. lol
    If you write to your local delivery office you can request that they do not deliver any "unaddressed mail" to your address. I think it last three years.