Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Offered a Bungalow!!!!

You are clearly excited to be moving. A bungalow is just what you need, and I wish you good health and happiness in your new home. Very best wishes. Susie

It sounds lovely, better than the middle of Stoke! Hope it lives up to expectations when you visit next week. Have you taken a sneaky preview look around? I'm sure I would!

Thanks susie.
    We are hoping it will be our "forever" home and our last move. x
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I have googled the bungalows firebird. Went onto google maps streetview. So got an idea of area and what they look like from outside.
    I would have liked to go and had a peek before Monday, but I don't drive and other half is on nights at the moment, so can't get up there. Too far to go on my own and would cost about £25 return taxi fare, so I will have to wait till Monday.
    Hopefully it will be worth waiting for, I am sure it will be just what we need. If we do accept, I will try and post some photos on the forum once we are settled in a bit x
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I'm so excited for you. We are also looking to relocate back to the Stone area, no family up here and we have had enough of our thuggish neighbour. Yes you get them in pretty villages too.

Around ten years ago, I attended an event at Kidsgrove Methodist Church on an summer evening. I found the drive there from Wolverhampton (where I was staying) and Kidsgrove itself were both delightful.

I so hope the bungalow works out, and that you're happy there, babyblu - I'm sure Monday feels a little like waiting for Christmas.

You are so right Flymo, it is just like Christmas, I am counting down how many sleeps, lol. As I said. my OH family are all in Kidsgrove, so I know the area well.
    This move would be so good on all fronts. The bungalow itself would be much more suitable accommodation due to my health and mobility issues. Plus it is near the family, so I will get the extra care and support when needed. From a purely social point of view, it will be so much better. At the moment we only see my OH parents once, maybe twice a fortnight, the rest of his family, including our lovely nephews, we see even less. I feel so isolated in our present house, so I am hoping the move will be good for my mental health also.

Firebird, I do hope you manage to relocate. I know Stone a bit, our nephews Dad lives there.
    And yes, you are right about thuggish behaviour. Unfortunately it is everywhere nowadays. People seem to have no respect and communities are breaking down daily. It is such a shame when you are caught up in something like that.
    The house to the right of us is a temporary accommodation property. There have been countless sets of "tenants" there over the last 3 years, and only one did not cause any trouble/problems. Despite complaining to various bodies, nothing is ever done about the anti-social behaviour. The last set of tenants smoked weed all day and night and the smell came through the walls. We have had fences wrecked, loud music at all hours, one set of tenants used it as a storage facility moving furniture in and out, day in and day out. So we will be glad to get away from all the stress.

If you choose to accept how long will it take for you to move? The sooner the better I am sure.

We have to give 4 weeks notice to the council here, but we get 2 weeks free rent at end of march, so we are hoping to sort something out for then. We could hopefully move into the bungalow without having to pay 2 lots of rent. If we can't work it that way, just hoping the bungalow will be held for us for the 4 weeks.

Or maybe they will give us the keys so we can make a start by fitting curtains etc, that would be a help until we move in properly.