Thread: Is ESA going up in April and has anyone had a letter?

Is ESA going up in April and has anyone had a letter?

Hi Everyone.

I had my letter last week to say my DLA is going up in April, but nothing from DWP about ESA.

I am in CB Support group for ESA. It was renewed last year and I think I am right that if you are in Support, there is no time limit? It did not say on the letter how long I had been placed in Support group for, before having to claim again. I am now panicking that my ESA will stop as I have had no renewal forms and no letter of increase either.

Has anyone had a letter about ESA rates yet.

Thanks.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

All ESA awards are open ended, in that they continue until you close your claim or something removes your entitlement (such as a Fit for Work finding on reassessment). Referrals for reassessment of anyone already on ESA were suspended in late January 2014.

The proposed rates for 2014-15 are on gov.uk - don't spend it all at once (it's not much for ESA, I'm afraid).

Thanks Flymo.
    Its just that I usually get letters within a day of each other for DLA and ESA.
    I know it will not go up by much, but every little helps I suppose. I was just concerned that I had not had a letter yet. I worry all the time, lol. So being on CB Support group is not time limited? I will just continue to be paid until I am reassessed, is that right?
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I had a letter to tell me ESA was going up but nothing about DLA. This happened last year as well.