Thread: Income Support

Income Support

I am aware that most people who are on Income support receive fortnightly payments but to to a condition that causes memory loss I have been receiving my payments weekly for the last 5 years.
    Today I checked my balance on line as I do every morning and my balance is 29p,despite it being payday.
    I rang and was told that they made a decision on the 17th to put me in line with everyone else.
    Trouble is, they did not tell me!
    Can they do this?

I have now had an apology and the promise that a payment will go in this afternoon phew, could have done without that this morning though, my arm had started tremors, my IBS flared up really bad really quickly and my speech went.
    Going to lie on couch now

I remember replying to a previous post about someone being moved off fortnightly payments.

DWP seem to be trying hard to eliminate non-standard payment arrangements. There is a discretionary power in the regulations for most benefits to pay more frequently than normal, but it is always difficult to argue against a decision to stop exercising that discretion.

If you can cope with a move to fortnightly payments, I'd try to do so - but if you really can't, stand your ground and ask for the reasons why you need weekly payments to be recorded and the matter be looked at again.

It sounds from your second post as if your immediate problem is sorted out, which is good news.

yes its all sorted,I am back on weekly and the lady could not have been more apologetic.
    When I was granted the weekly payments I was told it would be reviewed in six months , but have not heard anything and been paid this way for about five years.
    What i was really objecting to though was the fact that I had not heard anything and was expecting the money today,nearly fell off my chair when I saw there was 29p in my account lol, had visions of unpaid direct debits (there are two coming out next Monday) bank charges, and the spiraling effect it can all have.