Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E.s.a. Problems

So sorry sunwolf, about your problems with DWP, I'm don't know much about these issues, sorry, but I wish you both well and hope things work out for you.

Mags

Keep going, sunwolf. It is frustrating when you have to pressure the system into doing what it should have done all along, but you will hopefully get there soon.

Some of what happens is explained by the way the rules work, such as the decision to place your wife in the Work Related Activity Group. Other occurrences fall into the category of being somewhat baffling and difficult to explain other than through incompetence or an unfortunate event for which DWP cannot be blamed, such as the means testing form going missing.

It's hard enough when the system cuts the support it gives you through no fault of your own, but it's really hard when you lose something you are entitled to because of what can only be characterised as administrative foul up.

Well the plot thickens with the good old dwp......

we had an ajax appointment on monday 3rd as arranged by the telephone center team for us to sit down with someone at our local jobcenter and fill in a fresh esa3 form that would them be scanned over via there hotsystem....... cant say it was a very pleasurable meeting.. the lady at dereham started off by saying she wouldnt fill the form in and she couldnt scan it because they didnt do that.... and then threatened to have me arrested when i said i would refuse to leave the office until the form was filled in as we had been advised.... tempers calmed and the form was sorted out..... we left her after she said it would be hotted over that afternoon........
    Today thursday the 6th i rang basildon to be told not only had it not been hotsystemed over but there was no onscreen documentation to say that the interview had taken place other than a small bit logging that the interview had been arranged.........
    Was told to ring dereham and ask to speak to the lady who filled it in and ask her what she did with........ and get her to fwd it to basildon..... as i sure most of you will no .... we rang they said she was busy and they would have her ring us as they had no idea what she may have done with it or why it wasnt done......... still waiting for a call.............. hey ho Wolf

Well the lady from dereham rang.......... she started by sying but i scanned it while you were there and showed you the proof........ we said no you didnt it was on the desk and you were going to do it when we had left....... but she said oh yes thats right i did.... and also she said she had hotsystem'd it again today so we needed to ring basildon and check...................

you cant ring basildon btw but ill come to that... back on the phoneto the national number got throught to Newport and a nice lady there said let me check she could see the lms notes on the system but still nothing on the hotsystem...... as for basildon there is no open line to basildon or mailbox there due to security issues so all mail is handled via wolverhampton where its scannd first then opened and passsed on to basildon..... so now we have to wait for someone at basildon to ring us and hopefully we'll get a straight answer................. grrrrr bloody stupid system........ ive now spoken to 5 different call centeres plus the local office each time being told you need basildon rofl........ there must be a first class comedy show in here somewhere.. if i wasnt so stressed i might write it........

well your probably bored by now and im only continuing to post because i cant believe the craziness of all thiss............ finally basildon phoned about 10minutes after my wife was taken to a gp appointment by a friend with a car..... guess what they wouldnt speak to me...... even tho the claim is a joint couple claim its in my partners name and even tho every other official has been happy to deal with me basildon wont..... i asked if they would call back... they refused saying we had to call them..... i said hold on we cant call you because you wont give us a number... she said no you will have to call the national number... request a callback from us at basildon... the call center will email us and we will call you at some point............................................. ... and they wonder why us little people are so angry................... even tho my partner filled in a document saying i could deal with all her paperwork... sod a dog............
    will keep you posted
    wolf

I think the famous piece of pig Latin sums it up: nil illegitimati carborundum - don't let the b***s grind you down.

Unfortunately, the system can be frustratingly bureaucratic and inflexible at times, not helped by sometimes feeble administrative and IT systems. My technique in this kind of situation is to remember it's not personal and that the staff are often as frustrated by the inefficiencies as the claimants.

I hope you get things straightened out soon.

hello palmer here i said i would leave a message about my era face to face i wanted a home vista but was told i needed to send in a medical report from my doctor and be fax from the doctors office i told them my doctor was on holiday until monday 15 sept and i would not get appointment in time as the medical was on 17 sept at 9.00am as it happens i did get a cancelled appointment on the tuesday and got a letter from the doctor about my conditions but to late to stop the medical for home vist went there for 8.50am this morning at durham medical centre my brother drop me off right at the front door i went into the building to reception to be told the doctor has just rang in sick so my appointment will be in a couple off weeks time i asked for the lady to photocopy two off my letters and send to atos for a home vist she photocopied them and told me she put them in my file i again asked for her to fax to atos about home vist i will see what happens with this i will atos tomorrow to see iff there received the paper work i don't hold out much hope, i will post more info when i no what is going to happen regards palmer i think i have put this on two forum site

hello palmer here again as you can see from above i was tell you about my esa face to face i have received a call from atos this morning telling me i do not need to attend a face to face their is a enough info i will get a letter explaining how long i will be left on esa support group for, some one seem to be looking after me regards palmer