Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Qashqai - Delays

New Qashqai - Delays

Just popped into the dealer to make sure everything was in order with my second drivers details. While I was there I asked if we were still on for early/mid-April delivery, apparently not

He has 9 new Qashqais on order with originally quoted delivery dates running from the first week of March onwards, when he checked mine on the system it now shows that all 9 are due for delivery on April 28th

I asked if there was liable to be any change in the date, he said yes, but unfortunately it would probably for the worse!.

Just found a post on one of the Qashqai forums from a Nissan paint team leader, seems if you want one in Flame Red it will be at least May or probably June before you'll see one!.
    Last edited by phaedra; 19-02-14 at 12:48.

Quote Originally Posted by phaedra View Post
    Just popped into the dealer to make sure everything was in order with my second drivers details. While I was there I asked if we were still on for early/mid-April delivery, apparently not

He has 9 new Qashqais on order with originally quoted delivery dates running from the first week of March onwards, when he checked mine on the system it now shows that all 9 are due for delivery on April 28th

I asked if there was liable to be any change in the date, he said yes, but unfortunately it would probably for the worse!.

Just found a post on one of the Qashqai forums from a Nissan paint team leader, seems if you want one in Flame Red it will be at least May or probably June before you'll see one!.
    I live a short drive from the Nissan factory near Washington, and they have quite a few of them in the compounds at the rear of the factory. Did not get close enough to see certain colours but white and grays / blues seem to be the most common.

Quote Originally Posted by phaedra View Post

Its always not good when delay is happening.

When I ordered my original Qashqai the waiting list was 12-15 weeks, it's hard when there are delays, but it is a good sign that the new Qashqai is selling well.

Luckily if you already have a Motability car, Motability will let you extend your current contract until your new car is ready.

Paul x
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Indeed, Motability extended my lease about two/three weeks ago when I was given the revised mid-April date . . . . . they extended it to the end of April!, cutting it a bit close I think!.

I'll give it until the beginning of April and see where it stands then.

On the other hand .... every time I see the car I have a horrible feeling I've made the wrong choice!. I know it's probably that after 5 years I've gotten very used to my CRV and the amount of space it gives us but it's an annoying little niggle that won't go away

donkey66
    Hi all avid reader of the forum but this made me join and make a post

Since January ive been considering a car, its a massive undertaking and commitment at moment ive an old banger which is costing more than loosing my DLA award
    The dealer was great he went through process with me etc everything fine until yesterday i gave him my paperwork and my licence and chose a accenta premium.
    Last week we was looking 6-8 weeks, in fact i was told the longest wait would be for motability paperwork to be sorted.
    Yesterday he submitted everything and shock horror told 24 of April delivery

Today just had a phone call, Motability have accepted me on the scheme but bad news is and this the dealer assures me is all down to Motability
    You cannot have a unregistered car in the pipeline or carpark, each and every car now has to be factory made to order and the bad news is as its a Motability order they and only they decide when the factory will build so ive currently no anticipated delivery date of any kind
    Ive paid my deposit in cash so im sort of stuffed now

wiered as just last month Nissan was bragging they were producing a qashqai every 60 seconds

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/fir...132209077.html
    Last edited by donkey66; 20-02-14 at 10:42. Reason: link

Quote Originally Posted by donkey66 View Post

Since January ive been considering a car, its a massive undertaking and commitment at moment ive an old banger which is costing more than loosing my DLA award
    The dealer was great he went through process with me etc everything fine until yesterday i gave him my paperwork and my licence and chose a accenta premium.
    Last week we was looking 6-8 weeks, in fact i was told the longest wait would be for motability paperwork to be sorted.
    Yesterday he submitted everything and shock horror told 24 of April delivery

Today just had a phone call, Motability have accepted me on the scheme but bad news is and this the dealer assures me is all down to Motability
    You cannot have a unregistered car in the pipeline or carpark, each and every car now has to be factory made to order and the bad news is as its a Motability order they and only they decide when the factory will build so ive currently no anticipated delivery date of any kind

wiered as just last month Nissan was bragging they were producing a qashqai every 60 seconds

As from post yesterday, here is the compound.... White, Gray mainly, with the odd blue and red...Obiously from pictures I can't tell if they are certain trim levels / automatic / manual / petrol / diesel.

Also on local news...

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/up...own-at-nissan/

Cropped / Zoomed

97d65412-a9e0-401e-92f0-c70f9b0f0195_zpsc2b2acc7.jpg

Original:

WP_20140213_14_45_51_Pro_zps425e9706.jpg

donkey66
    Is there a fault then or a reason for Nissan to suddenly slow or delay these cars?

Quote Originally Posted by donkey66 View Post

In all the years I've been with Motability, I've never had to pay a deposit up front! I've only paid my deposit on picking up the car.

donkey66
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDee View Post
    In all the years I've been with Motability, I've never had to pay a deposit up front! I've only paid my deposit on picking up the car.
    I was suprised as it goes but to be fair it has to be paid at some point and the Vauxhall dealer also did mention a part deposit as it goes