Thread: what is : work related activety group

what is : work related activety group

Can any one tell me what does it mean if you are placed in the work related group. I have had a letter telling me I have been placed in this ,and the job center Will be contacting me and it is important that I attend . I am 61 , I understood that before I got this letter I was to get my pension at 62 .. I'm even more confused now.

Once they are assessed, those on ESA are placed either into the Support Group or the Work Related Activity Group. Those in the Support Group get a small amount of extra money and do not have to undertake Work Related Activity.

You will start by having to have a Work Focused Interview. As you are so close to qualifying for your Retirement Pension, I would be surprised if you have to do any more than have an occasional interview. You cannot be forced to apply for jobs.

Thank you Flymo , my mind is much settled. These people expect everyone to know what as these things mean.it would probably have added to the cost if they had put in an explanation!

I am 60 next week and was recently put in the WRAG. I went to the interview and it wasn't at all what I expected. the advisor said it was unlikely that I would ever work again due to my health problems and age and said that instead of getting me ready for work she would get me ready for retirement... make sure I had all the information I needed, she also said she would be helping me when my DLA changed to PIP.

She basically made sure I had everything I was entitled to and that I had my backpayment of ESA after the tribunal. said she would phone me in the new year to see how I was getting on.

I left armed with leaflets about pension credits, she even checked the date when I could first claim it, said I could decide when the time came if I would be better off staying on ESA or claiming pension credit...

I felt all that was missing from this 'interview' was a cup of coffee and cake... nothing to worry about at all