Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Capita PIP Consultation.

If you wanted to complain Flymo, could you post a detailed order of the policy to enable the complaint (if needs be) to be taken to the PHSO. Is there a specific complaints criteria we have to follow? I have been trying to look but my head is all over the place at the moment and I found a site called the Independent Case Examiner.

Perhaps it needs to be sticky on here going by how we are all being treated.

You must start with the relevant complaints procedure and exhaust all the stages.

Once you've pursued your complaint to the end of the procedure to the end, if you're still not happy, it's easiest to go to the Independent Case Examiner next - you will know when that applies as you'll get a letter that points you to the Independent Case Examiner's service.

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman is the last stage, other than pursuing the matter via Parliamentary channels through an MP or peer, or taking legal action if there are grounds to do so. PHSO requires the involvement of your MP to investigate a complaint against a government department.

You can go straight from the departmental complaints procedure to PHSO if you wish, but ICE offers an additional opportunity to get the matter resolved and does not need your MP's involvement.

I have made complaints to DWP and capita.. I also contacted my local mp but he hasn't done much...he hasn't even printed out the letter I emailed him 6 weeks ago giving authority to speak on my behalf.. He keep saying his printers not working...and I havnt access to one and I'm not able to get out to one... Sick of the whole thing.. Seems like no one wants to help...
    I rang up again today to see if it's been .. But it hasn't.. think I might try and get I touch with PHSO ...

I spoke to independent case examiner they said they couldn't help... And that they will pass my complaint on to Gate way ...

Lianne - did you get a letter from DWP pointing you to the Independent Case Examiner? If not, you haven't completed all the steps of DWP's complaints process, in which case ICE cannot get involved and PHSO is unlikely to get involved either.

No I seen online... I will ring DWP tomorrow.. I just checked sent complaint emails .. I've sent 9 to capita and 4 to DWP in the last 2 maths..lol

I have since asked my mum to ring to check how it's going..

the report it still at Capita for 'auditing'....

But when we phoned, they asked for my mobile number as part of the security checks - I have NEVER given them my mobile number

Quote Originally Posted by flowerangelx View Post
    I have since asked my mum to ring to check how it's going..

the report it still at Capita for 'auditing'....
    Unfortunately this is an all too common experience. I've posted about the contractual timescales for PIP assessments in the sticky PIP thread (scroll down to under the table), so you can figure out how far your report has run over the time allowed to get 97% of reports back to DWP.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerangelx View Post
    But when we phoned, they asked for my mobile number as part of the security checks - I have NEVER given them my mobile number
    If you've ever given DWP your mobile number, even to ring you back about something, it may well have been put onto your computer records.

Quote Originally Posted by Flymo View Post
    Unfortunately this is an all too common experience. I've posted about the contractual timescales for PIP assessments in the sticky PIP thread (scroll down to under the table), so you can figure out how far your report has run over the time allowed to get 97% of reports back to DWP.

If you've ever given DWP your mobile number, even to ring you back about something, it may well have been put onto your computer records.
    I have never, ever given them this mobile number as it's fairly new. I told them I was no longer using my previous mobile number, but didn't give the new one - I instead gave them my house number as I don't answer calls from with-held numbers or numbers I don't know - but I have given them permission to leave a message on the house phone or speak to my mum on my behalf(I put this in writing, as well)

I didn't put it on any claim forms, I didn't give it to Ingeus when I had to go there etc..

I'm a little annoyed about it, to be honest!

Capita also had my Mobile number and I do not give out this number either and cannot remember giving it to them because I cannot remember it often.

They actually sent a text on the day of my assessment. Its annoying how data is transferred sometimes from one firm to another without agreement. They also rang me on it one day after I complained but my form of communication was my home phone number and email.

Also DWP asked me some time later if they could write down my mobile number (as I was ringing my local DWP) and I agreed. I could not have rang Capita from my mobile though ever because I cannot dial those numbers on my sim contract so have to use the home phone.

Maybe I did give it to them? I just do not honestly remember doing so.