Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Capita PIP Consultation.

I am expecting at least an 8 month wait - I have read other people have been waiting at least 7 months.

It is ridiculous BUT..if you are successful in applying, it'll be a nice back payment

notnamedbill
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerangelx View Post
    I am expecting at least an 8 month wait - I have read other people have been waiting at least 7 months.

It is ridiculous BUT..if you are successful in applying, it'll be a nice back payment
    Well coped flower, it sounds that she was about the same level of competence as the guy I had, not half as bad as I thought it would be. mine sounded positive but who knows in the final act?

I have not heard anything and I had my assessment on the 5th Nov last year and if you add on the actual application date then at this point (if I get it?) then it's 6 months back pay! Yes I agree 'ridiculous'!

Luckily I have never been caught short out of the house but it is bad enough inside! I have only one pace and if I dash I hit a brick wall and cannot move on (usually half way up the stairs)

Hi
    As you all maybe aware my PIP assessment is tomorrow morning and just wanted to ask flowerangelx a question.
    I think i read on this forum somewhere that you had written a diary for 2 weeks of all the issue you have on a daily basis. Did you hand this in to the assessor on your assessment last week?
    Let me know, because i also have a diary that i would like to hand in.

She asked me to send them to the decision maker as she could not take any documents with her due to data protection as she had other home visits to carry out that day.

I intend to send the diaries, and a supporting letter from my mother, sister(mental health nurse! this helps a lot.) and also my knee consultant is also going to send a report to the decision maker.

I think I probably should have typed that up with the original post!

If you have to go to an assessment centre, there is no reason why they would not keep a copy of it.

Good luck again with your assessment!

Thank you flowerangel, i'll be glad when this is over with.

I applied for pip in mid June I had my assessment on the 30th august where I was told I'd have my decision in 30 days..and I am still waiting for my decision 8mths later.. . I have made several official complaints which end up with me receiving a phone call from a manager saying it's still with the chief assessor( it's been there 5mths now) I ring up once a week to be told the same thing...I am at my wits end

That's outrageous, Lianne - when most of the work is done, it's appalling that Capita cannot find the resources to carry out the audit and quality assurance checks on your report.

In your position, I would be making written complaints to Capita and DWP (which it sounds as if you have done), but also involving my MP's office.

Quote Originally Posted by Flymo View Post
    That's outrageous, Lianne - when most of the work is done, it's appalling that Capita cannot find the resources to carry out the audit and quality assurance checks on your report.

In your position, I would be making written complaints to Capita and DWP (which it sounds as if you have done), but also involving my MP's office.
    And then perhaps the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.

Or is the job of YOUR MP?

Quote Originally Posted by KAREN SV View Post
    And then perhaps the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.

Or is the job of YOUR MP?
    The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman may be able to help, but complaints about a government department must be passed to PHSO by an MP and cannot be made directly. There are various steps that you have to follow for PHSO to become involved, including pursuing DWP's own complaints policy to its conclusion.

Not really helpful to those that cannot "ask" for help themselves or cannot get out to post letters or those with mental health conditions but have no health worker.

There should be an email service for complaints about the DWP, ATOS and CAPITA maybe that prove delivery of emails. They rely on you getting text messages about appointments and them calling you over things so why not email? Its still in writing if electronically.