Thread: ESA Support Group Partner and Work

ESA Support Group Partner and Work

Hi all,

I am hoping someone here could help with this as I am not able to get anything out of the ESA Helpline (what a shocker!!).

I am on the Income Related ESA Support Group with a joint claim for my partner as she doesn't do paid work. She does however claim Carer's Allowance for my disabled son.

What I need to know is, if she does do any paid work how or will it effect my ESA claim?
    She is looking at being paid for doing some work for her disabled sister.

Any information or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Further to the excellent advice of ivb, any paid work may also have an effect on the Carers Allowance received in respect of your son.

Quote Originally Posted by ivb View Post
    In a word, Yes.
    If your partner does any paid work, it will affect any Income Related benefits that your household receives, like ESA (Income Related), Council Tax Benefit/Support, Housing Benefit etc. But by exactly how much depends on the actual earned amount etc.
    Thanks for your help with this. Really appreciate it.

Thanks for your help with this, we hadn't thought of that bit.

Thanks for your help, really appreciate.