Thread: renewing car and points question

renewing car and points question

Hi there,

i am a named driver for my mum and we are close to the 3 year lease and was wondering if I can renew.

at the start of the lease i had 6 points for no insurance back in sep 2010 which they was told about, last year i got 3 points for speeding sp30

any ideas if we will be ok as my mum cant drive and i am the only one who can drive her about

regards

The best thing is to ask RSA Motability whether you would still meet their insurance criteria. If they refuse cover, you will not be able to drive a new Motability car and might have to consider other options, such as buying your mother's existing Motability car using her mobility benefit and insuring it privately. You cannot drive a Motability car unless you qualify for RSA Motability cover.

If you have not already declared the extra 3 points to RSA Motability in your relation to your mother's current car, you should do so immediately. There is an ongoing obligation to let any motor insurance company know of anything that might affect their view of the risk you pose. The requirement to declare convictions immediately is made explicit in the Motability Cover Booklet (at number 4 on page 10). You might be driving uninsured until you declare these 3 points to them.