Thread: WRAG Income-Related ESA: Approaching 1 Year / a New Questionnaire - Some Questions

Question WRAG Income-Related ESA: Approaching 1 Year / a New Questionnaire - Some Questions

Hello!

I’ve been on ESA for just shy of a year now, having gone through the seemingly usual hell of an appeal, which I won after the tribunal. I’ve been on income-related WRAG since then (despite never being summoned to an actual WRAG meeting thing.

Anyhow, today came a day I’ve been dreading for some time, as a new questionnaire came through for me to fill in. I got the letter to say what to do, the form/questionnaire to fill in with 7 days to get it back to them, naturally. That should be no problem, but my question is, what happens during all of this?

With bills to pay and some vague form of life to live (my health issues affect that), my biggest worry is what happens to the actual money side of things. I meticulously plan things as it helps me relax (stress is a horrible factor for me). I’m currently getting £200(ish) a fortnight. Can I expect any changes whilst the process goes on? Will this stay the same? Will it drop to the initial rate of £113(ish) I was getting in the first 13 weeks? Or will it stop completely?

I’m trying to get some form of peace of mind whilst I wait for some actual official information, and I felt it best to come to a place where people have experienced this. I don’t know how this works, I don’t know what I’m doing to be honest. Thankfully I have great support at home but it’d be really appreciated if anyone could give me some insight into what I can expect. So can I expect any changes?

Thanks in advance!

You remain on your current ESA rate until the new assessment is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Flymo View Post
    You remain on your current ESA rate until the new assessment is completed.
    Thanks Flymo. I'd read it in a couple of other threads after making mine so that's a relief. Would it be safe to assume that it'll take a fair bit of time considering it was months between sending off the questionnaire and being assessed last time?

There's no way to know how long any reassessment will take, as it depends on so many factors, especially whether a new face to face assessment is needed.

That said, the current delays in assessments means the process is likely to take several months.

Especially as you had to go to tribunal last time, it's worth doing what you can to present your answers in the clearest possible terms, bearing in mind the findings of the tribunal last time round. Ideally, you would be able to get help with filling in the form (is it an ESA50?), but the current heavy workload of those advice services that remain together with the short deadline may well make that impossible.

I wish you well with the reassessment process. So far as is possible, I hope that you can fill in and return the form (making sure you get proof of posting - you can get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office), then put it out of mind. It's a good idea to keep a copy of everything you send.