Thread: Critical illness myopathy

Critical illness myopathy

HELLO everyone
    does any one have any idea what critical illness myopathy is, my wife went into hospital 18 months ago with a tummy problem
    (distended stomach) she was in intensive care for 8-10 days quite ill but survived on discharge my wife could not walk and still had the distended stomach now 18 months later my wife still has the distended stomach and still cannot walk forgot to say my wife was perfectly fit mobility wise before this illness any advice? how long this could last
    thanks
    john

This is a question you need to address to your wife's doctors. Myopathy is a blanket term covering a wide range of conditions, so it is impossible to do anything other than guess on these forums.

flymo, thanks for your reply, saw the doctors and asked the question, we were now told its not a myopathy but the recent brain scan shows white patches on the brain this may be the cause of the loss of mobility, phisio may help
    john